Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Pochettino's leaving PSG. Will he end up back over here? I can't see many free spaces available at the moment. 

He'd be a decent choice to take over at Everton. Still, if they're happy with Frank who are we to speculate?

6 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

He'd be a decent choice to take over at Everton. Still, if they're happy with Frank who are we to speculate?

You’d be absolutely mental to go anywhere near Everton if you’re in any kind of demand. Absolute bin fire of a club top to bottom. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lestaz said:

I was going to say how do these piles of crap get circulated every season but then I forgot people will post anything to drive traffic to their site.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lestaz said:

Clickbait - the fixtures are wrong, playing on an international weekend/FA Cup weekends and no midweek games for example - saved you two minutes everyone 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

If she says they were taking out of context, then what can you do? Even if you doubt her retraction, that would be a flimsy excuse to keep him from playing. My issue would be if she didn't retract what she said, but just "forgave" him (which is her right, and no judgement on her). It would still be difficult to get a conviction, but it would also mean he had been credibly accused of domestic abuse. And that wouldn't stop the protests and the baggage that comes with him.

An accusation isn't enough though, he's either found guilty or innocent. If it's the latter then despite what we've seen we can't really argue with him back in the fold 

30 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Not for me.

I don’t see why IFAB have to keep coming up with new rules all the time. Football became as popular as it is because people liked it for what it was.

The growing excuse over the past 4 or 5 years seems to be that younger people aren’t as interested in football as past generations and so they need to try and win them over, especially given what a precarious financial bubble football is in, you’d think dwindling viewership and tv and advertising revenue would cause a monumental burst of the bubble if it happens. FIFA and UEFA both certainly seem to scared of it as a possibility at least.

I don’t know how true it is or if the viewing numbers back it up, but I wouldn’t surprised to see football going the way of cricket when first class and test match cricket was losing popularity in younger generations and they started to try and create punchier formats of the game to win them over. For better or worse.

Edited by Sampson

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

It’s not difficult if he’s worried about time wasting

the ball goes out of play - the ref stops his watch until the thrower receives the ball 

the thrower then has ten seconds or it’s a foul throw. 

I’d go one step further.  
Don’t  stop the click, but use a play clock like in the NBA.  If the ball is not back in play in 10 seconds, it’s an automatic card for the goalie.

Edited by marbles

On 30/05/2022 at 14:56, Arriba Los Zorros said:

To get back on track - aka the Nottingham Forest 2022/23 season thread.

I live in a small town near Milton Keynes. A house nearby I drive past every day has suddenly got banners and flags all over proclaiming love of Forest. All over the windows and garden fences. Never seen the slightest sign before they were Forest fans.

funny that eh,

Send 'em to Tattenhoe...................... they can come and see my Jubilee bunting

371305D9-6056-4A5F-A578-385F5BF0334A.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

The growing excuse over the past 4 or 5 years seems to be that younger people aren’t as interested in football as past generations and so they need to try and win them over, especially given what a precarious financial bubble football is in, you’d think dwindling viewership and tv and advertising revenue would cause a monumental burst of the bubble if it happens. FIFA and UEFA both certainly seem to scared of it as a possibility at least.

I don’t know how true it is or if the viewing numbers back it up, but I wouldn’t surprised to see football going the way of cricket when first class and test match cricket was losing popularity in younger generations and they started to try and create punchier formats of the game to win them over. For better or worse.

The main reason people aren't watching as much football is they can't afford to do it! Right now, you need to subscribe to three different services, and you still can't watch a 3 p.m. Saturday fixture. The U.S. has been good about this: Every major sport league has featured matches on free-to-air. The Premier League has so many "packages" to sell -- one of them should be reserved to free-to-air (heck, Sky and BT could still bid on it, as long as it was on their Freeview channels).

• Like 2