Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Guest Kopfkino

Should have been more than 5 minutes of added time anyway, can’t see what any football fan defends it. and Pope was sat down pretending his shoulder was hurt for 2 minutes

Also **** the Saudi bastards anyway

14 minutes ago, blaaklint said:

this match is why refs should actually stop the watch when the ball goes out of play

I wouldn't want to be at a game for that long. It would take well over 2 hours surely. People would still moan. 

17 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I know it’s a rarity but it doesn’t happen if Liverpool or Man City time waste. 5 mins would be that. It’s not the same for all sides. Agree Newcastle did time waste just can’t stand Liverpool or Klopp. 

Neither can I lol

5 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

I wouldn't want to be at a game for that long. It would take well over 2 hours surely. People would still moan. 

It should be two 30 min halves of stopping the watch. This is more in play action than we see today believe it or not. 

No time wasting then. 

Edited by Stevosevic

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Stop the clock, people will stop wasting time. Simple as that. 

It's annoying that it isn't consistent but hard to have any sympathy with Newcastle. 

Won't happen. The big 6 won't want it. 

13 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

It should be two 30 min halves of stopping the watch. This is more in play action than we see today believe it or not. 

No time wasting then. 

Read an article about this about 6 months ago, and the ball is only in play about 60 minutes, and two 30 minute halfs where the clock stops would mean games still take about 90 minutes. Then time wasting would no longer be an issue. 

Surprising the ball was less in play in the premier League than it was in serie a! 

The article:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61342349

Edited by StonyFox

39 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Play till Liverpool score hahahaha what a ****ing league 

Definitely wouldn't happen the other way around, but I did have Liverpool in an accumulator so can't complain too much!

Its simple. All grounds game clock is controlled by an assistant ref. Whenever they have time wasted the clock stops and starts. Essentially like the NBA. Its one of the only ways to confirm fair time is played.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Its simple. All grounds game clock is controlled by an assistant ref. Whenever they have time wasted the clock stops and starts. Essentially like the NBA. Its one of the only ways to confirm fair time is played.

We also need to see this from the fans perspective who pay a lot of money to watch sometimes only 41min of the ball in play. It's a joke. 

Bit early perhaps but I would be surprised if Spurs are even remotely close to challenging at the top. They look properly turgid and Conte only ever seems one defeat, poor performance or bad decision away from losing his head completely. 

• Like 1