Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Was at Man City v Forest tonight. Haaland is an absolute animal. I spent most of the time watching him rather than the ball, his movement is incredible. The away crowd were great given the scoreline. The home fans would have been more at home in a morgue 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

Like most footballers their brains are in their feet. They're either thick or don't give a @#£%.

Those two are very young boys

the context is scoring a last gasp winning goal - I’m afraid you don’t really get to control those emotions and think about what going on. There is stuff that’s programmed into them as being out of bounds in a celebration so they don’t do that - everything else is in their heads and can come out. 
they will issue an apology for their idiocy and lack of thought and the experience will hopefully take that particular celebration into the ‘out of bounds’ category 

3 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

explain that celebration for non british 

It looks like they’re pointing guns (probably related to some computer game they currently play) 

Are you aware of the gun crime (and associated innocent victims) currently affecting Merseyside ?  That’s the context 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Adding more time on in the Liverpool match for Pope's time wasting is fine but its the inconsistency thats annoying, no way would Newcastle or any other team have had further time added on at Anfield if the roles were reversed

I dunno. Normally I'd agree but in fairness one of this year's big ref directives is to increase the amount of time fans get to see the ball in play. It's why we've got the multi ball system. It's also why refs have been told to make sure they properly add sufficient time on in both halves. 

You'll see a lot more stoppage time given in general this year I think. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Those two are very young boys

the context is scoring a last gasp winning goal - I’m afraid you don’t really get to control those emotions and think about what going on. There is stuff that’s programmed into them as being out of bounds in a celebration so they don’t do that - everything else is in their heads and can come out. 
they will issue an apology for their idiocy and lack of thought and the experience will hopefully take that particular celebration into the ‘out of bounds’ category 

That isn't spur of the moment though. That's after the initial celebration and everyone else is trotting back  

I'm still not convinced that stopping the clock will reduce time wasting that much. The whole "momentum" element will still be there with players and managers, wanting to slow the game down if someone has a head of steam. If someone is relentlessly attacking whilst chasing the game they'll still go down, time waste and do everything they can to disrupt the game.

An independent timekeeper would be worth looking at, and to clarify what constitutes "time wasting." Maybe even a fluid injury time as players piss about... so the scoreboard has 6 minutes injury time, and as a team time wastes the independent timekeeper can order that to be changed to 7 minutes, 8 minutes or however long. I think the optics of playing eight minutes in a minimum five minutes just help feed the butthurt narrative.

Ultimately it's hard to get everyone to agree because time wasting is a completely biased concept. Newcastle fans and those who hate Liverpool are apoplectic, yet anyone who hate Newcastle or likes Liverpool thinks it's fine. If we do it it's fine, if it happens against us it's an outrage.

12 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

There was a 9 year old girl shot and killed in Liverpool about a week ago. 2 Liverpool players celebrate with gun shot signals. 

ahh, i see

as already mentioned, you cant expect much from a footballer especially this young, but its not just age

its a man thing, how we are raised and how are taught to express emotions 

you will never see women celebrating anything like that 

10 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

ahh, i see

as already mentioned, you cant expect much from a footballer especially this young, but its not just age

Their captain wore a fckin t-shirt saying RIP Olivia literally 4 days ago 

There’s no malice in it, but it’s so tone deaf and ignorant it’s unbelievable 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

ahh, i see

People are way too protective of their age. They're 19 and 20 not 11 or 12. We all did stupid stuff at that age but I'm absolutley certain everyone was more aware than that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

People are way too protective of their age. They're 19 and 20 not 11 or 12. We all did stupid stuff at that age but I'm absolutley certain everyone was more aware than that. 

Infairness heat on moment, last minute winner. I don’t think you’re necessarily thinking about what could be perceived as tone deaf 

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Infairness heat on moment, last minute winner. I don’t think you’re necessarily thinking about what could be perceived as tone deaf 

The initial celebration is heat of the moment. That's after everyone is walking back. I know it's not done maliciously but it's so beyond stupid. 

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Nah not buying that, heat of the moment you whip your shirt off, jump in the crowd , get in the face of the opposition, wind up the opposition fans etc.

That is a pre planned celebration, you don’t in the heat of the moment both do a rehearsed routine.

• Like 1