Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Does that include the 4 that have gone out on loan? 

Nope! 

My feeling (and hope?) is that it won't end well and they won't be as successful as they might seem. No idea what kind of contracts the new players have been offered but they've risked their financial status with survival this season and the potential parachute payments. 

I wonder how screwed they'll be if they do get relegated. 

I wonder how Cooper will manage so many, as well. 

41 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Just checked Wiki and they have 29 players in their current squad first team. 

No idea on how many are homegrown, but none of the 29 are under 23.

Just had a look myself. They have at least 14 that are homegrown. They'll have no problem with that as they only need 8 in a 25 man squad. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

My feeling (and hope?) is that it won't end well and they won't be as successful as they might seem.

My gut feel is that it will work, sufficiently to keep them up anyway. Then it'll be another plan next summer with 1st objective achieved.  It might take a while for them to gel this season but I think there's probably enough buzz and will to ensure it happens. I think Cooper's got what it takes to bring it all together. 

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Eddie Howe accuses Premier League rivals of inflating transfer fees to deny Newcastle success since their Saudi takeover... with moves for James Maddison, Jack Harrison and Ainsley-Maitland Niles all failing

Should be more then. All that money and they think we'd accept £35m (or whatever it was) for Maddison. Jokers.

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Eddie Howe accuses Premier League rivals of inflating transfer fees to deny Newcastle success since their Saudi takeover... with moves for James Maddison, Jack Harrison and Ainsley-Maitland Niles all failing

He’s naive if he didn’t expect Newcastle to be treated like that. On thqt note anyway; transfers been PL clubs are rare 

4 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Oh sorry Eddie, did we not let you play ball at lunch? **** 

6 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

He has improved since he’s left us which is another damning indictment on Brendan 

Plenty of Everton fans have said he's very inconsistent and you'll see a few good games, before a patch of bad form. It's exactly how he was when he was with us. He's not improved really. Still average considering his position on the pitch where his goals/assists output should be much higher.

• Like 1