Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

On 13/06/2022 at 01:34, urban.spaceman said:

Lee Mack has officially won more footballing trophies than Harry Kane.

Harry Kane's wiki page lists his honours as:

Tottenham Hotspur
    Football League/EFL Cup runner-up: 2014–15, 2020–21
    UEFA Champions League runner-up: 2018–19

England
    UEFA European Championship runner-up: 2020
    UEFA Nations League third place: 2018–19

Shouldn't there also be an entry under the Tottenham section, for Premier League third place: 2015-16 ?

4 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Spurs closing in on Yves Bissouma, £25m. Making some very good signings since they've had Conte

Oh dear. They're building a very solid squad. I can't see us getting even remotely close to the top 6 for the foreseeable 

1 hour ago, Jaspa said:

Spurs closing in on Yves Bissouma, £25m. Making some very good signings since they've had Conte

Makes us asking much more than £25m for YT difficult …..

EDIT: £25m is without the add ons so it actually sticks a floor under YT’s valuation and means we should get our 30m+

Edited by st albans fox

52 minutes ago, sdb said:

Oh dear. They're building a very solid squad. I can't see us getting even remotely close to the top 6 for the foreseeable 

We had our chance when Man United and Chelsea were slumming it with bottom tier managers and fluffed it. Hey hum.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Not for me.

I don’t see why IFAB have to keep coming up with new rules all the time. Football became as popular as it is because people liked it for what it was.

They're just trying to paper over the big cracks of the fact VAR is incompatible. 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I know this will trigger a lot of people on here but I can see Spurs winning something next season. 

I think they'll be better than Pochettino's era but will still ultimately end up with nothing, simply because Conte's forte is in the league above cups and they're competing against something virtually unbeatable in the league.

I can see them being title contenders until about March and then dropping out of it. Definitely a side to watch out for though. I'm confident they'll be 3rd at lowest.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think they'll be better than Pochettino's era but will still ultimately end up with nothing, simply because Conte's forte is in the league above cups and they're competing against something virtually unbeatable in the league.

I can see them being title contenders until about March and then dropping out of it. Definitely a side to watch out for though. I'm confident they'll be 3rd at lowest.

He's won domestic cup competitions before, but surprisingly his record in Europe is really bad. I can't quite get my head around why that is though. You would think that a manager who sets his teams up to be defensively solid and effective on the counter would be more successful in Europe. 

19 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Yeah give you that one, how he was not picked alongside Danny Simpson for the 2016 euro's beyond me. Premier League champions yet only one Leicester player picked... joke.

We got probably the best player-specific chant of the past decade out of it for Simmo, though. :P

5 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I know this will trigger a lot of people on here but I can see Spurs winning something next season. 

...Winning  the quarter final fa cup game trophy. Well done spurs...

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

He's won domestic cup competitions before, but surprisingly his record in Europe is really bad. I can't quite get my head around why that is though. You would think that a manager who sets his teams up to be defensively solid and effective on the counter would be more successful in Europe. 

Part of me thinks the intensity his sides play at, but it's a peculiar one, I agree with you the way he is tactically you would think he's quite suited to playing in European competition. But he has frequently underachieved in it.