Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

42 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Watched the Mendy one again and I'm still incredulous. He's on the floor, Bowen already running and Mendy has blatantly feigned injury knowing he's fvcked up. 

Insane. 

Disgraceful decision.

10 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Ref watch should be interesting Monday at least 4 maybe 5 big calls to review

Dermot Gallagher will probably say the decisions were wrong but he can see why the refs gave them ?

In other words he personally thinks they were mistakes but too worried about upsetting his mates to criticise them .

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Ref watch should be interesting Monday at least 4 maybe 5 big calls to review

Dermot will justify the Bowen one saying that it’s a foul (kop out because many think it isn’t). 

he will say that mason failed to see the push in the newcastle one and that is unfortunate 

he will say the villa one is just a bad offside call and whatever follows is irrelevant because the play stops before the shot comes in 

and the VVD foul is not excessive force so just a yellow 

he will contradict himself throughout the process 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

But the clowns using it is VAR. That’s what VAR is,the clown watching the video and then deciding. The referee isn’t watching VAR he’s part of the package.

We're saying the same thing. I know the "educated" clowns are part of the package. The technology is there though to make good use of it as it happens in basketball and NFL. 

The major issue right now is that the sport is being taken away from the fans in every single aspect. I'm certain I'm not the only saying I had ENOUGH. Believe me also, I would have said the same thing even if our team was top of the league now. 

43 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

So Tuchel and Vieira say those disallowed goals  were fouls ?

Have managers always been that biased and one eyed on an incident everyone else say was wrong ?

I don't get what Tuchel says because he also says they were lucky with the decision lol

48 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

So Tuchel and Vieira say those disallowed goals  were fouls ?

Have managers always been that biased and one eyed on an incident everyone else say was wrong ?

It does them no good to say otherwise 

if they agree that they got away with one then the media (and refs because they’re human) think they aren’t owed anything.  I bet west game and newcastle get a 50/50 var call in the next few weeks 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't get what Tuchel says because he also says they were lucky with the decision lol

Yes he did .

Maybe meant it went for us today unlike v Spurs rather than it was the wrong call,

He even suggested the first West Ham goal should have been ruled out in one set of comments I saw !

Edited by Super_horns

15 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

Oh the flip side damaging the integrity of the league by appearing to be too biased in favour of big teams will surely not help the brand?  

Likewise, when we won the league I am sure that generated immense interest around the world in the Prem.  

I do believe the big clubs are going to be lobbying the Premier League and UEFA incessantly on lots of issues (FFP for example).  But to systematically enable decisions in favour of big clubs on the pitch, and for that to come down from the top l, would require immense organisation and secrecy, with leaks possible at every level.  I'm not saying it is impossible but I think it's extraordinarily unlikely..  

Hopefully someone somewhere will or has compiled some decent data about suspect decisions and big teams.   

I still think it's more likely an unconscious bias or pressure felt by refs.  This is exactly why managers are always gobbing off about referees. Keep the pressure on.

There was something about the way we did it that captured peoples hearts. Vardy’s streak, Mahrez magic, Kante coming from nowhere to be an absolutely sensation. Claudio the lovable grandad… it was all just different. The great escape. 

Brighton doing it under Potter (for example) wouldn’t have the same aura around it I don’t think.

Edited by Leeds Fox

16 minutes ago, The Bear said:

The Van Dijk one was the same as this from our game against Newcastle last week. Schar on Neto - He didn't quite get him at full force on the shin but slid down it and took his ankle away. Ref and VAR both said yellow. Should have been a red. 

IMG_20220904_120602.jpg

As much as i dont agree with it being a yellow (should have been a red) At least there is some consistency. 

Thats the biggie for me, when you see near on identical incidents and 1 is a yellow and 1 red. This is also where alot of the 'there is corruption in the league' comes from. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

This is why Var should be a 3 or 5 man group making the Var decisions. A buzzer and you press it within 10 seconds of seeing the replay or slow motion.

Guarantee you'll get a lot more decisions right.

I’ve got news for you clever fox ……..I think the var has two officials with him at stockley park !

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’ve got news for you clever fox ……..I think the var has two officials with him at stockley park !

That still doesn't work, It's got to be an odd number for obvious reasons.

?

Taking the Van Dilk foul.  What do they do when one says it's a foul and a red Card and the other says no it wasn't deliberate. ?

8 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That still doesn't work, It's got to be an odd number for obvious reasons.

?

Taking the Van Dilk foul.  What do they do when one says it's a foul and a red Card and the other says no it wasn't deliberate. ?

The var is a PL referee

his ‘helpers’ are lower level refs 

the var decides and I expect the helpers wouldn’t dare to question what he thinks 

Edited by st albans fox

Just now, st albans fox said:

The var is a PL referee

his ‘helpers’ are lower level refs 

the var decides and I expect the helpers wouldn’t dare to question what he thinks 

Well then what's the point of having them there. It just sounds like a crazy situation and open to corruption.