Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

The problem you have now is refs can just think "ahh is that a foul, looks like it might have been but I'm not sure" and instead of just giving it like they would before VAR now they let it go and accept they may have got it wrong. Knowing that if it results in a goal then it'll be checked. Then VAR checks and everyone moans when they say yep it was. 

Edited by The Bear

3 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

In fairness, with the money spent by the greedy 6 this summer no other team is gonna break it this year.

Yep. Despite how good Brighton has played this season, they will not challenge for top 4. Which actually shows how insanely we have performed in the beginning of the Brendan reign.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

The current refs shouldn't be any where near the job. It should be independent of PGMOL and appointed by the Premier League or FA.

If it was up to me I'd probably have an ex player and an ex ref for each game. If they disagree they ask the on field ref to take another look. If they both agree then they override the decision. 

Yes that would work also. You could even have football fans on it once there own club is not involved.

The more that's used to make the call the more likely you are to get the decision right.

What's there currently isn't working as intended. You have just as much controversy as before Var when it was just the ref.

9 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Arsenal's first real test....and it looks like they're going to fail.

They remind so much of us in the early days of Rodgers - young side, exciting football but lack the mentality in crucial moments and matches. 

But would take that again given the position we’re now in! 

• Like 2