Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I'd imagine they'll go for Potter or Poch.

American owners will not go for potter 

they could well go for Poch 

I have something in the back of my mind where Poch has said he wouldn’t manage chelsea out of respect for spurs fans (that was before they took conte without a second thought though )

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

American owners will not go for potter 

they could well go for Poch 

I have something in the back of my mind where Poch has said he wouldn’t manage chelsea out of respect for spurs fans (that was before they took conte without a second thought though )

Didn't Jose say the same about Spurs?

Just now, bmt said:

This is absolutely outrageous haha. 

I still don't understand how he got the job tbh. He just keeps failing upwards. 

Dortmund hired him because he had a similar profile to Klopp, same pathway, similar approach. 

He was underwhelming so they sacked him. He somehow gets the job at PSG with that as his CV and he fails there. 

So Chelsea hire him? I mean, what? 

The crazy thing is the myth of Tuchel almost certainly still exists and I guarantee he walks in to another Champions League post. 

• Like 2

Just now, Finnegan said:

I still don't understand how he got the job tbh. He just keeps failing upwards. 

Dortmund hired him because he had a similar profile to Klopp, same pathway, similar approach. 

He was underwhelming so they sacked him. He somehow gets the job at PSG with that as his CV and he fails there. 

So Chelsea hire him? I mean, what? 

The crazy thing is the myth of Tuchel almost certainly still exists and I guarantee he walks in to another Champions League post. 

Did he? His record at PSG was excellent.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I said Tuchel was not for this league much longer, but thought they might give their signings a few games to bed in. 

Which signings? The emergency ones they did? Auba and Fofana? I don't think Tuchel agreed to the Auba one and now that he's sacked he will come out bashing the Chelsea board for their transfers approach. Regarding Fofana there's no way Tuchel was keen on splashing £70m for an inexperienced young CB who was all over the place yesterday in his 1st serious CL football clash against a just decent team from Croatia. 

Just now, Fear Of The Fox said:

Which signings? The emergency ones they did? Auba and Fofana? I don't think Tuchel agreed to the Auba one and now that he's sacked he will come out bashing the Chelsea board for their transfers approach. Regarding Fofana there's no way Tuchel was keen on splashing £70m for an inexperienced young CB who was all over the place yesterday in his 1st serious CL football clash against a just decent team from Croatia. 

I would say the only reason they signed Auba was because of Tuchel 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Spend £300m, sack manager.  Bizzare.

Exactly what I was thinking...unless recruitment was done by others

So early in the season too, proper pressure there 

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

That isn’t difficult, if you don’t win the CL there it is a failure 

Then Guardiola is a failure? Tbf I'm being contrary because I think he's a good manager, although probably not elite. But he had a ridiculous win percentage (regardless of French league being shit) and made champs league final. 

Edited by bmt