Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

3 minutes ago, bmt said:

Then Guardiola is a failure? Tbf I'm being contrary because I think he's a good manager, although probably not elite. But he had a ridiculous win percentage (regardless of French league being shit) and made champs league final. 

Pepe will be a failure in my eyes if he doesn’t win the CL with Man City… when you boss the league for money and buy up all the best then expectations are for you to win the top prize in Europe. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

3 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Which signings? The emergency ones they did? Auba and Fofana? I don't think Tuchel agreed to the Auba one and now that he's sacked he will come out bashing the Chelsea board for their transfers approach. Regarding Fofana there's no way Tuchel was keen on splashing £70m for an inexperienced young CB who was all over the place yesterday in his 1st serious CL football clash against a just decent team from Croatia. 

I think he was, he was critical of the board for allowing these transfers to drag on almost saying pay what they want i want them in now

2 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

How do we know this? Auba caused serious problems to the Arsenal dressing room and they literally got rid of him. The guy is a liability. He was just walking around for 59min yesterday in Zagreb. 

Because they’ve worked together in the past which I would imagine is the reason Chelsea chased after him so much towards the end of the window 

3 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Because they’ve worked together in the past which I would imagine is the reason Chelsea chased after him so much towards the end of the window 

I don't know, maybe you're right. What I know is that they've spent nearly £300m and their team quality is way worse than last season. No upgrades in the midfield, questionable choices in defense and even worse decisions up front with Auba and an Albanian 20yr old back from loan. 

Glad he's gone. The media love in was ridiculous. A very good manager but nothing more. Another manager with a very short cycle before things go wrong. Apparently falls out with everyone which doesn't surprise me as he has no class

Guest Col city fan
14 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I don't know, maybe you're right. What I know is that they've spent nearly £300m and their team quality is way worse than last season. No upgrades in the midfield, questionable choices in defense and even worse decisions up front with Auba and an Albanian 20yr old back from loan. 

It’s their midfield where they are lacking. Kante is too injury prone these days. Jorginho is a brilliant player but well past his best. Gallagher is bang average. Mount is possibly the most over-rated player in contemporary football. Kovacic is good sometimes, poor at other times.

Thats where they should have spent their money on a Maddison or a Guimares or a Tonali..

A proper midfield playmaker. 

Edited by Col city fan

7 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Would love to see Potter in charge of world class players, hope they appoint him (if they don’t go for Brendan of course!)

I’d love them to go for Brendan and Potter come here but I can’t see that happen if Brendan is to go given our current predicament. 

I think one of the things being underplayed with Tuchel is his off the field antics, particularly that aggressive spat with Conte. American owners would not be happy with that. Rogers would probably keep them much happier in respect of those relationships. 

38 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I still don't understand how he got the job tbh. He just keeps failing upwards. 

Dortmund hired him because he had a similar profile to Klopp, same pathway, similar approach. 

He was underwhelming so they sacked him. He somehow gets the job at PSG with that as his CV and he fails there. 

So Chelsea hire him? I mean, what? 

The crazy thing is the myth of Tuchel almost certainly still exists and I guarantee he walks in to another Champions League post. 

Has a history of nullifying the attack of every club he goes to and falling out with their players too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It’s their midfield where they are lacking. Kante is too injury prone these days. Jorginho is a brilliant player but well past his best. Gallagher is bang average. Mount is possibly the most over-rated player in contemporary football. Kovacic is good sometimes, poor at other times.

Thats where they should have spent their money on a Maddison or a Guimares or a Tonali..

A proper midfield playmaker. 

Jorginho wins most overrated for me! Fantastic technician but he has to have some legs/physicality around him otherwise he's so painfully exposed at this level. Seems such a simple tactic but few managers try to exploit it.