Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Come on then Chelsea, in for Rodgers you go!

Afterall “little old Leicester are lucky to have him”, he’s an “elite manager”, who “hasn’t been backed at Leicester”, not to mention Chelsea wanna be Leicester, Kante, Drinkwater, Chilwell, Fofana….

You wanna “be careful what you wish for” if you don’t act on the chance of getting Rodgers.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Man got sacked for getting out done by lille ffs

No he didn't he got sacked for getting outdone by Lille, he fell out with the board because he's a gobby tw*t. They drew with Lille (not in his last game) and were probably going to win the league anyway. You know he got sacked in December right?

And how my comment was worthy of a laughing face I don't know when you are clearly clueless.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

This might speed up our decision making. Sacking a manager means you can get to the front of the queue for who's good and who's available.

Agree in principle but I suspect there's different levels of quality in managers. Don't tell Rodgers (except via national media) but he lacks that bit of quality.

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This might speed up our decision making. Sacking a manager means you can get to the front of the queue for who's good and who's available.

was already thinking we needed to get ahead of Villa. Chelsea will be looking at bigger fish, but Aston Villa are in direct competition with us. 

I imagine Chelsea have already narrowed it down to Poch or Potter. Suspect they will go for Poch, as when do Chelski ever go for a "lesser name" and up and coming manager. (Lampard aside) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, taupe said:

Agree in principle but I suspect there's different levels of quality in managers. Don't tell Rodgers (except via national media) but he lacks that bit of quality.

"That bit" being any whatsoever? 

22 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

Spending £273m on a bucket load of players and then sacking the manager a week later is arguably a definition of a club run like a circus. 

Circus - 5 league titles, 5 FA cups, 3 league cups, 2 Champions Leagues, 2 Europa Leagues, a Super Cup and a Club World Cup

Not a circus - Appointing Graham Potter

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like Potter a lot, so hope he does get that job, but I still think they will try get a bigger name. Is Poch a bigger name? Slightly. 

We need to get a move on though, as I can see us, Villa, Brighton, Bournemouth and maybe another in the next week or so, all looking for a new manager.