Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

35 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Bet none of the signings were Tuchels. He wanted Werner and Havertz and look how they turned out. The owner was buying the players.

Chelsea have still looked terrible.

We're talking about players bought for £50m.

15 minutes ago, Dave Fishwick said:

I might spend the day digging up the old posts "I'm not sure about Potter, Brighton are only 15th"

Which is where we'd be if Potter came in. They finished 15th and 16th I think in his first two seasons. Our fans would be booing him lol

He's built Brighton and changed them around, the players, the style of play. It's been a long time to get Brighton where they are now.

• Like 2

Ok enough of the jokes, let's get serious.

Potter most probably will go to Chelsea and we are still stuck with Brendan. Even through Brendan's perfect for that s**t hole club!

The big question is who are Brighton going to appoint Dyche....Rose ..... Diego Martinez or others who are available. The kind of targets we that we should look at 

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Potter most probably will go to Chelsea

I actually don't see that. Or maybe that's just my naivety speaking.

I (would like to) think Potter will see out his 'project'... though maybe he might be miffed at losing 3 players and, unlike our dear manager, chose not to go public about it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Ok enough of the jokes, let's get serious.

Potter most probably will go to Chelsea and we are still stuck with Brendan. Even through Brendan's perfect for that s**t hole club!

The big question is who are Brighton going to appoint Dyche....Rose ..... Diego Martinez or others who are available. The kind of targets we that we should look at 

Brighton seem to have their house in order. On what crazy planet are they going near Dyche for!!!!!

I do agree with other posters that Frank and Potter feel like 'project' based managers, and Chelsea requires something different to that. If Brendan's Europe record wasn't so crap then he would be in with a shout. There just appear to be too many down sides with Brendan unfortunately. 

However, with Potter / Frank, the questions they will be asking themselves is that are their project largely complete and gone as far as they can? With Frank i think it has and i don't see any further upside for Brentford. Potter i think might want to see out a better finish for Brighton, as they fell off a cliff towards the end of last season.

• Like 1

As much as I'd love it to happen, Chelsea won't touch Rodgers with a barge pole considering the status of their club and who they could legitimately attract.

Rodgers has heavily damaged his reputation with how it's been here. Look at how he's criticised the owners. Boehly and Co clearly want a 'yes man' and someone that will serve their every need. Rodgers clearly isn't that person given the comments he makes about our owners. Tuchel and Boehly clearly didn't communicate or get on. 

It works for Rodgers to go there.

It definitely doesn't work for Chelsea. 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

As much as I'd love it to happen, Chelsea won't touch Rodgers with a barge pole considering the status of their club and who they could legitimately attract.

Rodgers has heavily damaged his reputation with how it's been here. Look at how he's criticised the owners. Boehly and Co clearly want a 'yes man' and someone that will serve their every need. Rodgers clearly isn't that person given the comments he makes about our owners. Tuchel and Boehly clearly didn't communicate or get on. 

It works for Rodgers to go there.

It definitely doesn't work for Chelsea. 

What if Potter tells them to shove their offer where the sun don't shine, they're then left with the choice between Pochettino and Rodgers. And while I despise Rodgers and want him gone, objectively, there's not much in there.

1 hour ago, bmt said:

No he didn't he got sacked for getting outdone by Lille, he fell out with the board because he's a gobby tw*t. They drew with Lille (not in his last game) and were probably going to win the league anyway. You know he got sacked in December right?

And how my comment was worthy of a laughing face I don't know when you are clearly clueless.

They weren’t probably going to win the league lmao, he completely lost the players who forced him out lol . 

• Haha 1

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

·

9m

Contacts ongoing between Chelsea and Brighton for Graham Potter, as he’s the priority option — Mauricio Pochettino has been proposed to Todd Boehly as available option in the four-names list. #CFC Talks ongoing — Boehly, on it.

4 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

What if Potter tells them to shove their offer where the sun don't shine, 

Like he did with Brighton when he was doing perfectly well at Swansea? 

He isn't afraid to take the next step up for his career. He does well at Chelsea and the England job is all but his once Southgate goes. 

Just now, The Bear said:

Like he did with Brighton when he was doing perfectly well at Swansea? 

He isn't afraid to take the next step up for his career. He does well at Chelsea and the England job is all but his once Southgate goes. 

He gets Brighton into Europe which he's currently well on course for and any job he wants is his. He doesn't have to take a massive risk for it.