Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 minute ago, ajthefox said:

I can understand why some of them might think he won't go but I can't see him turning the job down.

Surely any manager worth their salt thinks they will be able to cut it, and he's bound to get a much bigger paycheck. 

Just to clarify, my bad, I jumped the gun on stating the Brighton poster, but yeah, depends totally on Potter I would think and he must want assurances he will be able to build a team tactically? He does not seem an instant results sort of guy

(But maybe he can be?)

53 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Rose got the best out of Daka.....all needs needs is 💕

gettyimages-1134708126-2048x2048.jpg

He plays 4-2-2-2 like a few German teams. I think that formation could work well for us, as the strikers up top shift wide. Barnes, KDH, Soumare, Daka would all work well in it, and our team next season is going to be made up of those players it would seem. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

They weren’t probably going to win the league lmao, he completely lost the players who forced him out lol . 

Rodgers has lost the players, we have 1 point from 6 matches.

Tuchel was one point off the top and had just won 4 0 when he was sacked by PSG. There was very very recent media spin (ie. after the event) that 'players were tired of his message' but if you blindly follow the media then I do feel sorry for you. They almost certainly would have won the league and the fact they weren't top was because of two losses at the start of the season when half their squad had Covid ('the club were missing Icardi, Neymar, Mbappé, Navas, Marquinhos, Paredes, and Ángel Di María due to COVID-19'). He very openly fell out with the clubs hierarchy as he is a fractious person but he still ended his stint at PSG with the highest ever win rate in Ligue 1 and highest average points per game. You literally don't know what you're talking about.

I'm not even saying he's great but his record at PSG was good, and even in the Champs League he did better than any other PSG manager.

Stop trying to speak down to people about something which is completely pointless; putting laughing emojis etc. or laugh reacting things makes you look like a petulant child. 

• Haha 1

I wonder who Brighton will go for, probably spend the payout so will go for someone in a job. 

Very well run as others have said, so you'd imagine they'll have had successors shortlisted for a while.

Chelsea need someone who can handle big personalities and has experience at managing at that elite level. I’m not sure if that is not a step too far for potter at this stage. We will know soon enough.  He seems to be a very good manager who is versatile and plays attractive football and takes a hands on approach across the club. Their signings and development of players has been very good and I think he would be perfect for us. I can see someone like Poch being on the radar for Chelsea or even Brendan with his background and skills with the press. Maybe I’m being a bit deluded in this but one can dream. 

It looks like the majority of Chelsea fans are against the idea of Potter going there and I think they're right. It's a big gamble. It might end like Nuno Espirito at Spurs. These teams have a lot of pressure for instant results. Believe it or not, Rodgers is more attractive to them as their next manager. He has won silverware and was 2 times at the door to Top 4. They won't blame Rodgers for the situation at our team: "Board didn't support him financially when he was desperately asking for transfers". 

1 minute ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

It looks like the majority of Chelsea fans are against the idea of Potter going there and I think they're right. It's a big gamble. It might end like Nuno Espirito at Spurs. These teams have a lot of pressure for instant results. Believe it or not, Rodgers is more attractive to them as their next manager. He has won silverware and was 2 times at the door to Top 4. They won't blame Rodgers for the situation at our team: "Board didn't support him financially when he was desperately asking for transfers". 

Nuno was never gonna work at Spurs though. He couldn't get Wolves to score never mind Spurs.

Potter is a better manager.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I think it's good to see a British manager getting a chance at a so called big six club. When was the last time that happened, Moyes to Man United?

You hear this a lot but I really don’t get how nationality has anything to do with ability. There’s no hierarchy. British managers don’t sit at the top above all others. I think it is a trope that is popular in football though and thus might be something players think too.  

Potter's reputation won't take a hit if it doesn't work out at Chelsea. He'd walk straight back into a decent sized premier League, or even European club given his history.

He has a good thing going at Brighton, but its probably too much of a good opportunity to turn down.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
15 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I think it's good to see a British manager getting a chance at a so called big six club. When was the last time that happened, Moyes to Man United?

😂

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Was about to put Ryan Mason for Spurs but then I realised Tottenham have no right to be called a big 6 club

Rodgers at Liverpool as well lol

Before Moyes though.

Edited by Tuna
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but of all the finals Tuchel got Chelsea to, he only won one over 90 mins?

FA Cup - 2021 0-1

Super League Derby - 1-0

Super Cup - 1-1 AET 6-5 pens

FIFA thingy - 2-1 (1-1 AET)

League Cup - 0-0 AET 10-11 pens

FA Cup - 0-0 AET 5-6 pens

You're not wrong but do you think he wasn't a successful manager for them? I reckon they didn't play such attractive football in general but we can't say that he failed there.