Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

6 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Glad he's gone. The media love in was ridiculous. A very good manager but nothing more. Another manager with a very short cycle before things go wrong. Apparently falls out with everyone which doesn't surprise me as he has no class

He got the New Manager Bounce but our cup final win was the start of his downfall.

It took a collapse from us a week later for them to finish 4th. They deserved the champions league win but it was as much down to Pep making a hash of it as well.

I can't honestly remember watching them and thinking we were being treated to some form of masterclass. I'd say Kante as always papered over the cracks and when he wasn't there they were exposed.

He would have been gone last year if it wasn't for the Russia situation.

• Like 1

I fear potter will be ruined at Chelsea. He’s being set up for failure. Total chaos and disorganization there with none of the positions filled after abromoviches exit.

there’s more to the story why tickle got the boot. Maybe he vexxed the new owners like he did at PSG?

Brighton are on a roll they’ve found that midus touch. We know, we’ve been there. The owners should be trying to keep potter not letting him talk to Chelsea. They will regress if potter goes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

We are in a terrible situation right now, but seeing what's happening in the league makes what Leicester have achieved even more ridiculous.

It's taken Brighton years to get to the Premier League, then survive then start building a good team. The first time it looks they might have a good season, they lose their best two players and manager. 

We might go down this season, but we really did mix it with the big boys consistently for a while. The disappointment is that we were so close to truly bridging that gap if we had have got that Champions League money in just one of those seasons. But how many other clubs will ever do what we did? Newcastle will rely on oil money, West Ham on their newly minted owner, etc.

I think we all knew that after winning the FA Cup but missing out on Champions League, that was the peak for what we were likely to achieve. MAYBE a European trophy is possible at some point in the future, but not likely.

Doesn't make our current situation any better, but still worth thinking about. 

Yep, no one will take away the fact our entire squad which won the league cost about £25 million. We did it the "right way", and the money we've spent since has been on the back of that, and finishing in Europe etc.   

I don't understand how Newcastle can have any pride in their team winning stuff in the next years, when the only reason they would be doing so is through bloody money and dodgy sponsorships. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Yep, no one will take away the fact our entire squad which won the league cost about £25 million. We did it the "right way", and the money we've spent since has been on the back of that, and finishing in Europe etc.   

I don't understand how Newcastle can have any pride in their team winning stuff in the next years, when the only reason they would be doing so is through bloody money and dodgy sponsorships. 

They won’t care.  Championships are all that matters.

For years, Jerry Jones bought whatever player stopped the Dallas Cowboys in the playoffs.  Then won 3 Superbowls in 4 years.

NewYork Yankees did the same and have 25+ World Series trophies.

None of their fans said “yeah, but”

28 minutes ago, Koke said:

16 losses in 100 games avd you're getting fired. Chelsea is a toxic club.

They have been very average for a while in fairness. It’s how Chelsea operate. A trophy per manager then give them the boot. It’s pretty much the model for their success. 

Edited by kingkisnorbo