Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

3 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

I know people will jump in and shout "the circumstances are different" but didn't we have to wait 4 months before Silva could play, when we missed the deadline by a few seconds?

Aurier is a free agent!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

Yep, no one will take away the fact our entire squad which won the league cost about £25 million. We did it the "right way", and the money we've spent since has been on the back of that, and finishing in Europe etc.   

I don't understand how Newcastle can have any pride in their team winning stuff in the next years, when the only reason they would be doing so is through bloody money and dodgy sponsorships. 

99% of people don't care, they just want success. That applies to our fanbase too, though maybe for us it's not 99% but more like 50%.

A lot of my friends say they are sad to see our plight. I live in London so we of course have fans of clubs from all over the country lol, but especially from fans of smaller or non Premier League clubs, they all say that Leicester City is the blueprint, the club that gave everyone else hope. If it turns out that in gambling to try and break the top 6 we put ourselves back 10 years, it just makes everyone else want to give up!

Of course this time round, behind the scenes people need to take blame and not just Rodgers.

7 hours ago, TeamRocket said:

Honestly I would hate to be a player that got this team to the premier league, clear shows they don't trust them to keep em here. I just walk across and play for Leicester 

All the criticism of forest signing loads of players is cringe. They are back in the Premier league after years and years of championship mediocrity and their owner likes to spend money.

Least they're going for it.

Obviously I hope they fall flat on their faces but until then let them get on with it.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Roosters boots said:

Liverpool look finished last night. Players jogging or walking is something that never happens there. It’s as if the players are fed up Mane has left them to earn more money or something especially Salah.

Klopp to be booted too?

58 minutes ago, Roosters boots said:

Liverpool look finished last night. Players jogging or walking is something that never happens there. It’s as if the players are fed up Mane has left them to earn more money or something especially Salah.

Salah has been completely off the boil for some time, even before his contract extension. Very interesting to see how Klopp deals with this, as a quick noticeable decline has been witness by all, and any team facing them will fancy their chances right now.  But Trent and Virgil are clearly no where near their best, and with Salah misfiring im not sure it will be an easy turnaround this side of the world cup.

17 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but of all the finals Tuchel got Chelsea to, he only won one over 90 mins?

FA Cup - 2021 0-1

Super League Derby - 1-0

Super Cup - 1-1 AET 6-5 pens

FIFA thingy - 2-1 (1-1 AET)

League Cup - 0-0 AET 10-11 pens

FA Cup - 0-0 AET 5-6 pens

Id take that :)

I’ve got just the man for you Liverpool fans…

:brendan:

Here me out!

He loves a rebuild, he loves a refresh, he loves a healthy shape up around the culture, beliefs and mentality of a club which includes building and growing.

Go get him Liverpool!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

High line football exposed again, an increasingly redundant system.

This might sound a bit daft but, as one of the best managers in the game, I'm pretty sure he'll know what to do.

42 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Potter looks to be off then

Justifiably so. 

And there were all those whining about him not being good enough for us a few months ago. Well now he’s too good for us. Well done Leicester.

• Like 1

I wonder who is making the decisions at Chelsea because I'm sure the American guy hasn't targeted Graham Potter. But then again it's not their usual method so maybe he has. 

It's a big step up for Potter. The egos, the pressure, the player power but it's something you can't really turn down if you've got ambitions to be the best.