Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Oh **** off seriously! 

(Not you)

Can understand both points 😂

Edited by Bert
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It's bad enough listening to Brendan's post match bullshit without adding his half time thoughts. 'Rodger's mused....'

‘Really looking forward to going out in the second half and controlling the game against a top top team.’

FT Stats

0 attempts on goal 

48 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It's bad enough listening to Brendan's post match bullshit without adding his half time thoughts. 'Rodger's mused....'

You could just not listen to them.

• Like 1

I assume this is just for the televised matches so it begs the question where will they fit it in?

Currently we have

Presenter guff, adverts, pundit guff, adverts, pundit guff, adverts, pundit guff adverts, presenter guff, adverts, Commentator guff. 2nd half.

They're not going to reduce the advert time so likely to be less pundit guff. So a lose, lose situation.

Worse case scenario is if the extend the half time to 20mins. Which wouldn't surprise in the least with more food and retail sales. It would please those who miss 10 mins of the game getting their food and drink.

Interviews are largely pointless as it is, there's rarely any insight and it's 95% of the time just robots with no personality using their pre-defined responses. Why would you want to increase that?

They interview a player as they come off the pitch at half time in A League games. It's just someone knackered saying either "we're doing well" or "we need to do better second half"

It's just further Americanisation of the sport. I think a big issue for them is not realising just how ingrained certain aspects of football culture are in Europe. 

Plus, I assume managers can refuse or just purposefully give terrible answers so as to make it pointless? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

"We might be losing 1-0 after another goal from a corner and after having 80% possession and zero shots on target, but I'll make changes dead on 65 minutes and actually try and win the game."

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

"We might be losing 1-0 after another goal from a corner and after having 80% possession and zero shots on target, but I'll make changes dead on 65 minutes and actually try and win the game."

Or on the flip side if we are winning 3-0 he'd express how disappointed he is that the players aren't keeping the ball better and that they need to go out second half and be cuter with the ball. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
51 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

His guff still gets regurgitated in here to be fair 

You don't have to come on here if you don't want to.....

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Didn't the half time interviews used to be a thing? 

I thought this too.

I remember a number of Alex Ferguson HT interviews when the Champions Lsague was on ITV.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

You don't have to come on here if you don't want to.....

38 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

This forum is great apart from the Rodgers debates 

The sexual tension between you pair is ridiculous.

As for HT interviews, pointless and crap!

• Haha 4