Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’ve got just the man for you Liverpool fans…

:brendan:

Here me out!

He loves a rebuild, he loves a refresh, he loves a healthy shape up around the culture, beliefs and mentality of a club which includes building and growing.

Go get him Liverpool!

You forgot to mention that he’s young and fresh. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Royston. said:

All the criticism of forest signing loads of players is cringe. They are back in the Premier league after years and years of championship mediocrity and their owner likes to spend money.

Least they're going for it.

Obviously I hope they fall flat on their faces but until then let them get on with it.

Thing is, personal bias aside, some of their decisions in the transfer market have been insane.

The squad that got them promoted was heavily reliant on loanees. Fair enough. But the attacking spine of that side went through Zinckernagel and Djed Spence, both of whom tore the championship a new bumhair. They didn't actively pursue either.

Spence was particularly baffling - he went for £12 Million to sit on Spurs' bench. Forest fans I spoke to about it seem to think they couldn't match Spuds' wage offer, but that's clearly BS when they have Lingard plodding around for £80k a week and have spaffed £200 million on journeyman replacements.

When they mentioned him wanting Champions League football, I did manage to wind them up by mentioning they were supposedly a 'huge' club with two European cups to their name, and that surely that is relevant to a player's decision in 2022. :ph34r:

Ambition is fine, but it feels like Cooper has gotten over-excited and torn up his own playbook. They've gone from a very shrewd operation to the new version of Fulham a couple seasons back. Lucky win against West Ham aside, they've stunk the league up nearly as badly as ourselves so far.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Haha 1

Not really sure who Brighton would target, unless they go abroad, Steve Cooper maybe. They plucked Potter from the Championship but don't really see any standout candidates. Russell Martin supposedly likes to play decent football but not got great results with Swansea. I'm trying to convince myself there is a chance they come for Rodgers, even if he'll probably take them to Europe whilst we get relegated lol 

45 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Not really sure who Brighton would target, unless they go abroad, Steve Cooper maybe. They plucked Potter from the Championship but don't really see any standout candidates. Russell Martin supposedly likes to play decent football but not got great results with Swansea. I'm trying to convince myself there is a chance they come for Rodgers, even if he'll probably take them to Europe whilst we get relegated lol 

General concensus was Ashworth had been after Potter since his Ostersunds(sp) days

Wouldn't be surprised if they went for the Bodo/Glimt manager

Another option but trickier, they own a club in Belgium that won the league last year, the manager who got them out of the second division and then won that league left to replace Kompany at Anderlecht.... might be another one to look out for.

Just looked at the odds and the Bodo and Anderlecht Gaffers are joint 4th favourites :P 

Edited by AjcW

11 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Potter won’t be given the time to succeed at Chelsea like he has in all the other places, but to go from managing in the Swedish fourth division to managing a European Cup winner is an astonishing achievement in itself. 

I worry it's all in the wrong order

He's exactly the appointment they needed to make in the summer before giving him that obscene money to spend. Changing the culture, bringing some of the loan players back and into the squad.

Now they've got players like Sterling who probably aren't that fussed on huge money. Aubamayang is going to end up exactly the same as he did at Arsenal as he'll start turning up late again now his mate has gone.

Imagine what he might have built with 300m!!

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

I worry it's all in the wrong order

He's exactly the appointment they needed to make in the summer before giving him that obscene money to spend. Changing the culture, bringing some of the loan players back and into the squad.

Now they've got players like Sterling who probably aren't that fussed on huge money. Aubamayang is going to end up exactly the same as he did at Arsenal as he'll start turning up late again now his mate has gone.

Imagine what he might have built with 300m!!

Mad really.

Typical billionaire dick-swinging twat owner who wants to spend spend spend and doesnt appear to be thinking long term. 

Potter would've been daft turn it down but I'm not so sure he last that long. Not because he's not capable but because it all seems very short term. 

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

Mad really.

Typical billionaire dick-swinging twat owner who wants to spend spend spend and doesnt appear to be thinking long term. 

Potter would've been daft turn it down but I'm not so sure he last that long. Not because he's not capable but because it all seems very short term. 

Potter is not daft , he will know a managerial contract is just for a set amount of money on the understanding you have no security of tenure at all. He will certainly improve his bank balance though.

41 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Brighton also losing the majority of staff by the sounds of things. 

Massively loss for them. 

Lost everyone it seems. Took keeping coach and everything.

You mean there is a chance we can get rid of Mike Stowell along with Rodgers .. lol

14 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Lost everyone it seems. Took keeping coach and everything.

You mean there is a chance we can get rid of Mike Stowell along with Rodgers .. lol

The head of recruitment must be loving life. From trying to find (and succeeding) gems in lower leagues to trying to sign the world's best! 

It could go drastically wrong though.