Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

If Cooper goes to Brighton then it's odds on Dyche will go to Forest...... doesn't he live there now. He's not gonna hang around waiting for the Leicester job to come up plus no guarantees he'll get it aswell.

its not even really been mentioned but Dyche is the odds on favourite for Bournemouth at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

A big blow to Brighton Potter taking all of the staff with him as well, but you expect it these days in the Premier League.

Really intrigued to see how Potter gets on!

Why couldn't this have happened last week...maybe we would have a point or three...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

This is all a bit depressing for the competitiveness of the league. Chelsea just able to swoop in and take the manager of a non-Greedy 6 PL club (who are doing brilliantly) at the drop of a hat, whilst writing off Tuchel's compensation as a mere inconvenience. How do clubs outside this cartel ever compete with this? 

Spot on. 

36 minutes ago, Tuna said:

A big blow to Brighton Potter taking all of the staff with him as well, but you expect it these days in the Premier League.

Really intrigued to see how Potter gets on!

This is actually quite unusual and the Brighton fans are livid. Taking your backroom staff that are 'your crew' is one thing, but to take staff that were at the club before you arrived is almost unheard of, especially when one is a club legend. Brighton rightfully feeling very hard done by. 

Imagine how weird it would be if when brendan left he took stowell with him lol

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

We are in a terrible situation right now, but seeing what's happening in the league makes what Leicester have achieved even more ridiculous.

It's taken Brighton years to get to the Premier League, then survive then start building a good team. The first time it looks they might have a good season, they lose their best two players and manager. 

We might go down this season, but we really did mix it with the big boys consistently for a while. The disappointment is that we were so close to truly bridging that gap if we had have got that Champions League money in just one of those seasons. But how many other clubs will ever do what we did? Newcastle will rely on oil money, West Ham on their newly minted owner, etc.

I think we all knew that after winning the FA Cup but missing out on Champions League, that was the peak for what we were likely to achieve. MAYBE a European trophy is possible at some point in the future, but not likely.

Doesn't make our current situation any better, but still worth thinking about. 

There is no doubt we've done it better than anybody. We should fight to keep it going as long as we can but we have upset the odds like no other in this country to be honest.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

This is actually quite unusual and the Brighton fans are livid. Taking your backroom staff that are 'your crew' is one thing, but to take staff that were at the club before you arrived is almost unheard of, especially when one is a club legend. Brighton rightfully feeling very hard done by. 

Imagine how weird it would be if when brendan left he took stowell with him lol

I think they'll be unimpressed Bruno has gone with Potter, he was a club legend!

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

How will the big stars react to Potter most would be expecting a big name.. can't see it lasting long tbh

I dunno. Todd Boehly has nailed his colours to his mast and put his reputation on the line, sacked a big name manager and gone all in vouching for Potter. I can't see him getting rid at the first sign of trouble. I think he'll cling on to him hoping that long term it'll work out. 

Only the fans rioting and protesting will get him out I reckon. 

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

How will the big stars react to Potter most would be expecting a big name.. can't see it lasting long tbh

I love it. Instead of going for the usual big name or fancy foreign manager, he's gone for a British man who has worked hard and deserved his chance, not enough of the big clubs do it. I'm intrigued to see how he does.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

I wonder if any of the premier league games will be called off following the passing of the queen? Just seen some football league matches are off tomorrow 

Pretty sure this weekends fixtures will be postponed as well as the following week.

that’s the assumption going round anyway 

3 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I wonder if any of the premier league games will be called off following the passing of the queen? Just seen some football league matches are off tomorrow 

Pretty nailed on I would think. Massive fixture congestion if for the whole 10 days.