Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Super Computer prediction so far. I don't know where they expect us to get 41points.

Team Predicted Points
Man City 86
Liverpool 76
Tottenham 69
Arsenal 68
Chelsea 63
Man United 61
Brighton 60
Newcastle 53
Brentford 50
Crystal Palace 49
West Ham 47
Aston Villa 46
Leeds United 45
Southampton 44
Wolves 43
Fulham 42
Leicester City 41
Everton 39
Bournemouth 34
Nottingham Forest 32

Baffling really. If it factors in a sacking then we'd get 50+ but if not then we won't even hit 30. It must have a virus.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Exactly what I said yesterday.

It's just how it works. Brighton fans don't complain when they're taking Potter from Swansea or Maupay from Brentford.

But it's the sheer financial dominance that the likes of Chelsea have. It's totally out of scale with most clubs in the league, which is very unhealthy and means they can basically raid the 'other 14' whenever they want. Even if an 'other 14" club tries to resist or is having a great season themselves it makes no difference as Chelsea's vast weight of cash always wins in the end. Kanté leaving to join them after our title win is a great example. Whilst we can't afford to sack our manager Chelsea are busy spending about £40m on changing managers like it's mere pennies they're dealing with, even after spending about £200m plus on players this summer. Personally, I think that is very different to a club in a higher league (Brighton) giving a chance to a manager who has done okay, but not amazingly, at a club in the Championship (Swansea). 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

When are the PL squads announced ??  Did I miss them  or do we wait for the Turkish window to shut ?

It shut yesterday. 

Squads are submitted on 1st September. Free agents can be added at any time if there are spaces. 

18 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

Steve Cooper is 2nd favourite to be next manager to go …. That is the football world we live in currently

Don't think that's anything to do with the threat of Forest sacking him but probably more to do with him being linked (And 2nd fav) for the Brighton job.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

Looking at PL and EFL Cup schedule, looking like 17-19th Jan* when games could be rearranged for at the earliest? Between now and World Cup, midweeks are taken up by European football or midweek PL games.

And the EFL Cup is 8/9th Nov. Europe group stages conclude a week earlier.

At least Klopp will have his excuse for Liverpool being shit.

This will be epic, historic, previously unimaginable levels of moaning.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Don't think that's anything to do with the threat of Forest sacking him but probably more to do with him being linked (And 2nd fav) for the Brighton job.

That’s a very good point… I didn’t think that through

18 minutes ago, KingsX said:

At least Klopp will have his excuse for Liverpool being shit.

This will be epic, historic, previously unimaginable levels of moaning.

Could be a bit of a PR disaster if they start complaining though .

I think most teams will play next week unless they are in London.

12 hours ago, goose2010 said:

yep more than likely will be off even if the funeral is Monday ( which is the rumour) 

The last thing they will want is a mass of Football fans in London that weekend as well. 

The security in London will be on ultra high alert as i imagine the majority of the worlds leaders will be there. 

And the tens of thousands of people descending on London as The Queen will lie in state over the weekend. 

I can't see the police wanting to use resources for football. 

6 minutes ago, NasPb said:

One thing I'll never understand as a foreigner is why they take so long in doing the funeral. It should be done asap for respect to the body and the family 

And I'm speaking generally for anyone not just this monarch 

12 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Taking 41 points from the next 32 games would mean having to achieve a circa 30% increase in our run rate compared to this calendar year so far.

We're down for certain without sacking the manager immediately.

To make things even worse, that includes those 3 wins at the end of last season against teams not even trying. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

And the tens of thousands of people descending on London as The Queen will lie in state over the weekend. 

I can't see the police wanting to use resources for football. 

Liverpool play Chelsea next Sunday the day before the funeral  in London so likely to be another postponed so more ammunition for a full on Klopp moan