Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

28 minutes ago, Sly said:

In fairness, the first 12 months after MoN left we’re actually pretty good. Taylor had us near the top of the league at one point ….. then we collapsed. 

We were top for 2 weeks due to the international break. Think i still have the mercury paper that printed the table on the front page

Screenshot_20220911-141547_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cba4dc2ecb24ed9a4222796a08850a4b.jpg

As I've predicted earlier this summer Forest's Marinakis is already having a huge backlash from Olympiakos fans after tonight's result. Forest's fans should be extremely worried because the connection between these 2 teams is heavy. The Greek team has very demanding fans that are used to see their team in the CL group stages. It's not OH Leuven. 

That said, I predict Cooper not to be sacked but he will resign soon to save his reputation. If Forest go down this season they're doomed. They'll end up eventually in lower leagues if Marinakis is still in charge there. 

9 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I have just realised the reason there was no football this weekend and probably next is because of Police resources.

Which begs the question why does football need so much policing?

Self inflicted by a minority.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Never should have stopped in the first place.  Whatever you think about monarchism is you believe tributes were in order, tens of thousands of people doing so together is a better one than a bunch of people sitting at home while every other sport keeps playing.

7 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Never should have stopped in the first place.  Whatever you think about monarchism is you believe tributes were in order, tens of thousands of people doing so together is a better one than a bunch of people sitting at home while every other sport keeps playing.

I legitimately think Liverpool being at home was a big reason as to why games were postponed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I legitimately think Liverpool being at home was a big reason as to why games were postponed. 

Celtic were at home too.

I'd understand postponing this weekend, so close to the funeral, but Saturday could/should have been played.

But never mind, it's gone now, we move on.

13 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I have just realised the reason there was no football this weekend and probably next is because of Police resources.

I suggested this was the reason on Saturday within the Queens passed away thread after there were a lot of disgruntled posters airing their views & got a laughing emoji as a reply, i note there are a lot still posting that they think it was wrong to postpone.
The amount of Police resources needed to cover everything that was going on over the w/end relating to the Queen was huge ranging from VIP additional security, crowd control & security, road (closures), building security & everything inbetween.
Add in the additional drain on public transport resources & probably a whole host of other factors, even fans themselves how many would actually have gone to the game if it had been on or would they have sacked it off to travel to London
There was around 15 games between the leagues both mens & womens that were due to play within the London area alone over the w/end as well as all those non-league matches that still require a police presence & then SCO being a little more condensed & with HM being up there still their forces would have been stretched to breaking also.

I think to many believe to make a football game happen you just need 2 teams, a venue, some fans, the referee & its game on

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

I suggested this was the reason on Saturday within the Queens passed away thread after there were a lot of disgruntled posters airing their views & got a laughing emoji as a reply, i note there are a lot still posting that they think it was wrong to postpone.
The amount of Police resources needed to cover everything that was going on over the w/end relating to the Queen was huge ranging from VIP additional security, crowd control & security, road (closures), building security & everything inbetween.
Add in the additional drain on public transport resources & probably a whole host of other factors, even fans themselves how many would actually have gone to the game if it had been on or would they have sacked it off to travel to London
There was around 15 games between the leagues both mens & womens that were due to play within the London area alone over the w/end as well as all those non-league matches that still require a police presence & then SCO being a little more condensed & with HM being up there still their forces would have been stretched to breaking also.

I think to many believe to make a football game happen you just need 2 teams, a venue, some fans, the referee & its game on

The police have given out a statement somewhere the other day saying that if need be, they'll draw in units from neighbouring counties.

The genuine reason why the Premier League decided to cancel last weekend's fixtures was because they were afraid of boos and whatnot while commemorating Queen Elizabeth and the negative press associated with that. It's incredibly shortsighted because now you've taken away people's enjoyment and expect them to behave better?

21 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Yet they're going ahead with the EFL as a minimum this weekend when you'd think the same thinking would apply. Seems to me last weekend should have gone ahead and this weekend cancelled.