Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

I'd love to see us being proactive and scheduling some closed doors friendlies at the Seagrave ground or even the KP.

Surely some Premier League sides would be up for doing similar. 

It's going to be a month between us kicking a ball in the Prem, and for a side who weren't in form anyway that could be curtains trying to get up to match fitness speed again (we weren't there as it was!!)

11 minutes ago, teblin said:

Wasn’t their an article or a statement last week from a journalist that Rodgers wage isn’t 10m but close to 6.

dont let sense get in the way of blind rage

Don't get me wrong, I want Brendan gone, but he hasn't been making anywhere close to £10m, potentially ever. Tanner said, it's heavily based on incentives in his contracts, none of which he's close to achieving.

4 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Why is Man Utd vs Leeds rumoured to be in danger of getting called off ? I thought it was just the London sides where policing was an issue 

Because it's historically an incredibly violent derby concerning fan behaviour. 

Just now, StanSP said:

Where have they said this? 

A Met spokesperson told football.london: “Whether matches go ahead is a matter for the football authorities. If fixtures do take place, the Met will work with the relevant partners and ensure that appropriate policing plans are in place.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-spurs-fixture-postponement-police-7571586

14 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Why is Man Utd vs Leeds rumoured to be in danger of getting called off ? I thought it was just the London sides where policing was an issue 

9 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Because it's historically an incredibly violent derby concerning fan behaviour. 

And they generally deal with policing shortages for major events like this by shipping in police from round the country. Just because you're not London police doesn't mean you won't have to go. 

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

If all London games go ahead apart from Liverpool then you can 100% confirm the reason for last weekends games being called off and their one next weekend.

Either all will off or none I suspect .

Liverpool are at home in the Champions league this week  - their fans will boo then anyway .

Edited by Super_horns

48 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

dont let sense get in the way of blind rage

Don't get me wrong, I want Brendan gone, but he hasn't been making anywhere close to £10m, potentially ever. Tanner said, it's heavily based on incentives in his contracts, none of which he's close to achieving.

which might explain things even further. because if you sack him perhaps you have to compensate for the incentives as he wasn’t given the opportunity to achieve them?

so it could cost more than just employing him. i’m not clued up enough on contract law to know if that’s how that may work 

Just now, Lambert09 said:

which might explain things even further. because if you sack him perhaps you have to compensate for the incentives as he wasn’t given the opportunity to achieve them?

so it could cost more than just employing him. i’m not clued up enough on contract law to know if that’s how that may work 

Lol why would we have to compensate him for things he didn't achieve?

That's like me demanding a compensation of 5m from my employer for not achieving a nobel peace prize while employed. 

43 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Lol why would we have to compensate him for things he didn't achieve?

That's like me demanding a compensation of 5m from my employer for not achieving a nobel peace prize while employed. 

because if there’s a clause for let’s say achieving champions league football, he can argue he would accomplish that if he completed the length of his contract. Which we aren’t allowing him to do. 

Like i said, i don’t know the legalities of this type of clause in a contract.