Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 hour ago, davieG said:

I assume this is just for the televised matches so it begs the question where will they fit it in?

Currently we have

Presenter guff, adverts, pundit guff, adverts, pundit guff, adverts, pundit guff adverts, presenter guff, adverts, Commentator guff. 2nd half.

They're not going to reduce the advert time so likely to be less pundit guff. So a lose, lose situation.

Worse case scenario is if the extend the half time to 20mins. Which wouldn't surprise in the least with more food and retail sales. It would please those who miss 10 mins of the game getting their food and drink.

you missed the guff spoken about a 'top 6' team playing at completely different time & day, i know we are watching Fulham v Leicester but lets talk about tomorrows "mouth-watering" prospect (they never are) of Man U v Chelsea etc etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Didn't the half time interviews used to be a thing? 

It’s been a thing in Europe for a long time. Back in the 90s, they used to be a very short tunnel set interview as well before the players came out. 

National League and Premiership Rugby Union of course have interviews during the match as well 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s been a thing in Europe for a long time. Back in the 90s, they used to be a very short tunnel set interview as well before the players came out. 

National League and Premiership Rugby Union of course have interviews during the match as well 

I'm sure Brian Little and Martin O'Neill were interviewed at half time walking back to the tunnel during our Play-Off Finals in the 90s.

Rubbish though, who actually wants to see it. If I'm watching a match on tv it's switched on at kick off. Switched over for half time and the minute the whistle blows. No interest in anything they have to say.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

By half time interviews do they mean a barely audible 6 minute conversation between Birch and Theo Zagorakis just outside the centre circle? 

If so I’m in! 

Surely you mean Rendall Munroe.

Sure there was a period where he seemed to be on the pitch every 3 or 4 matches.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Big shake up at Chelsea, she's been a big influence for them 

Tuchel raves about her and the way they are communicating all the time. Think we might see a bit of a ‘banter era’ from Chelsea 

21 minutes ago, KFS said:

Tuchel raves about her and the way they are communicating all the time. Think we might see a bit of a ‘banter era’ from Chelsea 

We can hope. And hope the 'era' goes on and on and on and on...

I'm all in for half time interviews and I would love to see some real time in-game manager/bench players interviews also. It should be like NBA and MLB, a show. Get the right pundits in there with the right questions. Example:

23min, 1st half: - Mr Rodgers, your team conceced yet another goal from a corner. What are your thoughts about it? 

34min, pundit approaching Daka: - Do you reckon you should be subbed in the 2nd half? 

All these people are earning millions. Have them involved. Force them to get more involved. 

12 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I'm all in for half time interviews and I would love to see some real time in-game manager/bench players interviews also. It should be like NBA and MLB, a show. Get the right pundits in there with the right questions. Example:

23min, 1st half: - Mr Rodgers, your team conceced yet another goal from a corner. What are your thoughts about it? 

34min, pundit approaching Daka: - Do you reckon you should be subbed in the 2nd half? 

All these people are earning millions. Have them involved. Force them to get more involved. 

Getting people involved doesn't guarantee quality conversation. The longer it happens the more cliched and evasive there responses will be until nobody not even you would find anything of interest to hear just like the post match interviews.

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Big shake up at Chelsea, she's been a big influence for them 

That's a big loss for them that is, she's been brilliant at bringing in and selling talent for a good price. Hopefully the start of them investing money for financial reasons rather than sportive and becoming another Man U.

21 minutes ago, davieG said:

Getting people involved doesn't guarantee quality conversation. The longer it happens the more cliched and evasive there responses will be until nobody not even you would find anything of interest to hear just like the post match interviews.

Yes, you're right, it doesn't guarantee quality responses. I know it's an utopia to reach this quality that we see in MLB and NBA because we're talking about footballers. Still though a clever, well put question by a pundit will expose the footballer, make him feel uncomfortable. As a customer you'll see that, you'll see who is trying to respond about how bad the weather is avoiding the question. You'll also see intelligent footballers like Madisson being honest? 

14 minutes ago, filbertway said:

That's a big loss for them that is, she's been brilliant at bringing in and selling talent for a good price. Hopefully the start of them investing money for financial reasons rather than sportive and becoming another Man U.

Have you seen their business the past two or three years?

Just now, Fear Of The Fox said:

Yes, you're right, it doesn't guarantee quality responses. I know it's an utopia to reach this quality that we see in MLB and NBA because we're talking about footballers. Still though a clever, well put question by a pundit will expose the footballer, make him feel uncomfortable. As a customer you'll see that, you'll see who is trying to respond about how bad the weather is avoiding the question. You'll also see intelligent footballers like Madisson being honest? 

Sadly those two parts together are as rare as rocking horse shit. You can't even rely on most of the presenters either.

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Out of interest, why?

Their transfer business has been really wasteful.

Last season they bought 28 year old Lukaku for £100m and loaned in Saul, that was it. Rudiger and Christensen are leaving on frees, they sold Tomori and Guehi last season and now they need probably 3 centrebacks. None of Lukaku, Havertz, Werner, Pulisic and Ziyech have justified their fees either. For a club their size they've been very clumsy - especially when they have a great manager that needs backing.  Some of those were probably the right moves at the time but it's all culminated in a mess now, way before the change in ownership has even affected things.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Have you seen their business the past two or three years?

According to TransferMrkt

21/22 - 101 out 107 in

20/21 - 222 out 51 in

19/20 - 40 in 141 out

363 spent. 299 in.

Net spend of 64 million over 3 seasons. Looks pretty tidy to me.

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Last season they bought 28 year old Lukaku for £100m and loaned in Saul, that was it. Rudiger and Christensen are leaving on frees, they sold Tomori and Guehi last season and now they need probably 3 centrebacks. None of Lukaku, Havertz, Werner, Pulisic and Ziyech have justified their fees either. For a club their size they've been very clumsy - especially when they have a great manager that needs backing.  Some of those were probably the right moves at the time but it's all culminated in a mess now, way before the change in ownership has even affected things.

I was under the impression she was charged with getting deals done rather than picking who is signed and is sold?

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 2

Just now, filbertway said:

According to TransferMrkt

21/22 - 101 out 107 in

20/21 - 222 out 51 in

19/20 - 40 in 141 out

363 spent. 299 in.

Net spend of 64 million over 3 seasons. Looks pretty tidy to me.

Yeah but look at the talent they've brought in, dud after dud. Their best signing of recent times is probably Jorginho and he's been there what, 3 or 4 years at this point.

12 minutes ago, Stadt said:

To be fair she just does the deals, someone else does the identifying and deciding who to let go? 

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

To be fair she just does the deals, someone else does the identifying and deciding who to let go? 

They've overpaid on quite a few deals and didn't get Christensen or Rudiger to renew. They don't have a DoF as such, so she's responsible for signing off and negotiating on transfers. In Leicester terms, she has a similar role to Rudkin AND Whelan.

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

They've overpaid on quite a few deals and didn't get Christensen or Rudiger to renew. They don't have a DoF as such, so she's responsible for signing off and negotiating on transfers. In Leicester terms, she has a similar role to Rudkin AND Whelan.

Like us with Youri, you can't get a player to sign if he doesn't want to.

I suppose they end up paying a premium just because they are Chelsea; crazy that a club of the stature doesn't have a DOF