Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Potter knows best.  He is elite now.

I actually think he is being rested for Boehly’s All Star game next pre-season. He will partner Vesty against Haarland and Salah.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

This is a bit much indeed. 

The minutes applause is fine in my eyes. 

The mandatory suit-wearing, managers leading teams out and national anthem is OTT. 

Oh i dunno can't have pep wearing all black! Much more respectful in a suit.

Polish_20220914_203056201.png

2 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

I'm assuming Queen, if it's a mark of respect for the Queen, but...?

I'm going to one of the Friday night matches, hopefully, someone clarifies.

Nope, it's God save the King now,  anyway as the first line is (was)  "God save our gracious queen", and as he /she/non binary (God) didn't save the queen,  it would be a bit late to ask him/her/non binary to do it now.

PS if l offended anyone by putting "her" second or "non binary" third, pm me and I'll apologise more.

I hope I've cleared that tricky one up 😐

Edited by J. James
Disclaimer
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, davieG said:

I just watched him  on TV talking about this and all he was coming up with was more money for the pyramid lol yeah that would work it would be an upside down one where the rich 6 are the base at the top and the likes of Bournemouth at the bottom.

And what would they do with this money, pay bigger transfers fees, pay players more, pocket more themselves. Fans would get no benefits from it.

Never mind pyramid this is just a step towards Americanising football, ironically without the more level playing field that Americans have in many of their sports.

Thank the Gods...

I won't live long enough watching them destroy our beautiful name...

It's my trick in beating them...:bounce:

42 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

FOX IN THE BOX 

I’ve offered entire Leicester squad my X-rated pics if they beat Tottenham on Saturday, reveals stunning Foxes superfan

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19827190/leicester-tottenham-x-rated-pics-fanvue/

looks like no one will be seeing your pics then

Is that what passes as "stunning" these days? Dear lord... horror show time.

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

FOX IN THE BOX 

I’ve offered entire Leicester squad my X-rated pics if they beat Tottenham on Saturday, reveals stunning Foxes superfan

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19827190/leicester-tottenham-x-rated-pics-fanvue/

looks like no one will be seeing your pics then

It's a bloody shame that things like this exists. A woman ain't an object, but it's the sun after all. I can't even enter in twitter with out seeing someone retweeting something ffs or begging a female football fan for something sexual. Can't stand it. 

39 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

No doubt the league will change format somehow to please American-based owners.

Cut the league in half so the rich 6 play each other 4 times, no relegation, 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Another couple more teams take American money and then it'll overseas games and all star games just like NFL. They'll also want to break away and abolish relegation as they don't want to risk of losing money. 

The beginning of the end for fans of the top clubs. 

5 minutes ago, StonyFox said:

Another couple more teams take American money and then it'll overseas games and all star games just like NFL. They'll also want to break away and abolish relegation as they don't want to risk of losing money. 

The beginning of the end for fans of the top clubs. 

Even Norwich have had a new American part owner come on board this week. It’s alarming, because the money should be more welcomed than that of Saudi Arabia, but it’s a difficult second best.

13 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I'm not a royalist, and was against the football being postponed recently etc etc...

But watching the Villa game on Sky & the National Anthem hit different. Goose bumps all over.

We're watching the florist match - hoping the/my bad luck is contagious :P (EDIT: Which also means it's entirely my fault if they win ;) )

So of course Florist score :( 

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Haha 1