Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What other strikers do Brazil have? Amazed Jesus isn't in it.

Probably more to do with system like it was at Man City. 

False 9 and Firmino/Richarlison are favoured. Not to mention Vini Jr and Neymar, Anthony and Raphinha. That’s a lot all competing to be in a front 3

• Like 2

Just watching the Brentford game and is has brought to mine something I wonder often about our players and others.

Is the pressure of not making a mistake so high that they just don’t take a chance at all?

So often players have a chance to play a forward ball with a slight risk and completely bottle it.

Why?

Take the chance. These are passes that are usually in a gap between two opponents and I would imagine 99/100 times they will be successful.

It is so frustrating to watch.

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

15 year old being subbed on for Arsenal

our next manager needs to utilise the academy

Not entirely sure I agree with a 15 year old being allowed to play in the Premier League. 

The fact that they have to use their own changing room should be enough to highlight that perhaps 16 should be the minimum no? (Think they even have to then to be fair!) 

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Not entirely sure I agree with a 15 year old being allowed to play in the Premier League. 

The fact that they have to use their own changing room should be enough to highlight that perhaps 16 should be the minimum no? (Think they even have to then to be fair!) 

yeah 16 sounds fair

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Thomas Frank just said 'wish me luck at Leicester' when hand-shaking Arteta at the end of the game. 

Now saying his goodbyes to the players on the pitch :ph34r:

I'm hearing that he couldn't focus on preparing his team for the game because he was too busy looking at houses in the East Midlands

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It’s an odd one. A lot of leagues have a minimum age restriction I think the bundesliga is 17 but I may be wrong. I guess it’s only a football match but the pressure must be immense especially when someone who is 15 should be focussed on their education.

In regards to the changing room thing you have to have your own until the age of 18 for safeguarding reasons which makes a lot of sense especially with some of the scandals that have been revealed recently.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Matt said:

Great sense of patriotism shown at Goodison Park.

Scouse not English and all that.

Let't be honest, a lot of the scousers have no idea why they are booing now.  Was it because of Thatcher's Chancellor?  South Yorkshire Police?  The Conservatives?  New Labour?  the Royal family?  Abide with Me?   **** knows.  They've completely fallen off a cliff the past few years.  Are they the only city that has working class people in it?  Are they the only city that has had large areas struggle over the past few decades?  Pure cringe self-obsession.  Weird.

Maybe the government should stop all funding to the city if they no longer feel part of it?  We'd save a shit tonne to be fair.

• Like 2

hoping for a west ham win here. Don’t think there’s any real danger of them dropping. I’m clinging to the hope we can get more points than forest, bmouth and everton.

Donating 3 points to forest next game probably already makes that improbable but you have to hope for something 

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Glenavon played a 13 yo in the cup last week. 

Christopher Atherton: Glenavon teenager breaks record as UK's youngest senior footballer - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62897652

11 minutes ago, shilton_fox said:

Can’t help but feel that we’re a much better side than both Everton and West Ham watching this. We just set up to fail defensively, and have a huge mentality problem. With a fresh outlook fully believe we’re better than both these sides

I agree.