Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

18 hours ago, Matt said:

They really should have took Rodgers too, the dream team.

If I was Monchi id refuse an interview, if he’s wanted by them they should just take him!! He’s too good to be on a shortlist with those other names 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Aussie sensation Garang Kuol signs for Newcastle. Barca wanted him apparently. Loan back to Mariners until Jan.

Any of our resident aussies got any intel on how good he is or might be?

Not a resident Aussie but do watch a lot of the A-league. 

'sensation' is a big stretch lol lol

He's fast and skilful and gets in good areas in the box but very lightweight. I think he'd get roughed up a lot in the Premier League. 

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not a resident Aussie but do watch a lot of the A-league. 

'sensation' is a big stretch lol lol

He's fast and skilful and gets in good areas in the box but very lightweight. I think he'd get roughed up a lot in the Premier League. 

Pretty much agree with this, looked okay and a decent prospect from what I’ve seen, but very surprised to see him move to the Premier League. He can’t have played 10 A League games. I watched against New Zealand as he made his Australian debut and wasn’t overly impressed. With only one cap not sure what his work permit situation will be when he arrives in Jan.
Will need a lot of development, I would imagine he would need to go and play a season in the championship. 
I didn’t see him as big a prospect as someone like Rojas who looked pure class at Wellington and then Melbourne Victory, but his move to Europe was a complete failure I don’t think he played very much in Germany then came back, not sure where he is now.

I've quite enjoyed seing someone different sat at the top of the table,  albeit early doors.

I can see Arsenal beginning to drop points soon though. Today will be a tough one and a win will be a real statement that they mean business.

2 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I've quite enjoyed seing someone different sat at the top of the table,  albeit early doors.

I can see Arsenal beginning to drop points soon though. Today will be a tough one and a win will be a real statement that they mean business.

Yes I believe the Arsenal Vs Spurs tussle through the season will be quite interesting...though still big 6,another story, that gives us something different to L'pool & Man.city, & Manutd Woes..

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Yep. Clubs in Europe have 8 or 9 games this month. Gonna be a hectic schedule. Arsenal have a good starting squad, but their depth will be tested.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

11 goals behind Jimmy Greaves for Spurs.

Unreal record.

Yep.

191 PL goals in total.

70 needed to break Shearer's record. It's the only reason I can think of as to why he's staying around and not wanting to move. He wants to break that record perhaps. 

29y/o. Only needs 4-5 more seasons (max, probably) to get it...

• Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

Taylor is such a crap ref 

odegaard doesn’t get booked for the pull back on son 

Yeah should have gone back to that and booked him. Not sure he's got anything else wrong today though so far?

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah should have gone back to that and booked him. Not sure he's got anything else wrong today though so far?

Doesn’t matter - odegarrd has the opportunity to do that again without risking a red 

got to be consistent 

Edited by st albans fox