Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

I'd take Rodgers because his first couple of seasons he had you playing some really good stuff. Two final days missing out on the Champions League put a real downer on it all. Managers often just go stale at a club after not too long. Couple that with your lack of investment and it just needs a change all round.

Similar to us really, though Lage has never actually been any good. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

I'd take Rodgers because his first couple of seasons he had you playing some really good stuff. Two final days missing out on the Champions League put a real downer on it all. Managers often just go stale at a club after not too long. Couple that with your lack of investment and it just needs a change all round.

I wish you would. Wolves have been wasting a spot in the league for too long

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, The Bear said:

Let's have it right, two awful second halves of seasons.

We've had 2 good half seasons out of him.

Lack of investment? £200m+ on shite says differently.

Hang on! I think i've cracked it! Was Rodgers sending out a subconscious message the other day when talking about an international job?! Wolves = Portugal :dunno: :fc: 

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Dread to think of the money you could've made laying against Rodgers being next to go. Never known bullet dodging like it.

I was thinking this last night, unfortunately (Or fortunately) I think i'm coming to a point when i've missed the boat :fc: 

9 hours ago, The Bear said:

Just give him a two year contract and you'll be fine. 

If you think that he's just "gone stale" and that the problems are "lack of investment" then I'm guessing you don't really read much of the Leicester threads round here (which I can understand tbf.)

But yeah, I imagine you'd see an immediate improvement with him in charge for a while. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The Bear said:

I don't really doubt that Rodgers would do well elsewhere for a while. It just needs to end here for everyone's sake. 

11 hours ago, The Bear said:

You seem a little similar to us in that you've been over performing to an unsustainable level thanks to individuals (think Sa clocked a few ridiculous stats last season off the top of my head, same for us with Vardy and his chance conversion) for about 18 months despite some pretty concerning underlying metrics.

At least you aren't paying Lage a Gazprom salary and giving him the boot should be relatively straightforward.

• Like 1