Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Remember when everyone said “imagine how absurd this Man City team would be with Haaland in it?”

Yeah this is the result. Decade of dominance coming up and I’d imagine he wins a few Balon d’Or awards on the way. 

He won’t be there for that long.

Couple seasons with Man City then he will be off to a bigger club.

15 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Except when Grealish is involved in the buildup.  I totally expected Pep would have cured him of his dawdling habits within a year.

I'm one of the harshest critics of Grealish going and that's exactly why. He does have a habit of slowing the game down, wasting the ball and letting defences have time to get back set.

But I think it'd be harsh to say he hasn't improved at all. He has gotten a bit better under Pep, become more direct and even though he still takes more touches than I would imagine Pep would prefer, he often now does drive far more directly at a team with less hesitation. Less just farting around near the touch line looking to 1v1 people showboating.

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He won’t be there for that long.

Couple seasons with Man City then he will be off to a bigger club.

Yep.

His Dad has said he wants to play in all the major leagues and win everything. 

You’d think Real or Barca next. 

• Like 1

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Bruno Lage's status as the most forgettable manager of the Premier League era is secured, he's nudged ahead of such luminaries as Pepe Mel and Mauricio Pellegrino 

Jan Siewert was so forgettable the commentators at one match thought he was somebody else.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

off to a bigger club.

... name one.

I know he's said historically that he likes Real Madrid but I genuinely think that given a season or so here at Man City once he realises how dominant he's going to be here and the records he could break here, I don't see why he leaves if I'm honest.

I used to cringe and roll my eyes whenever Sky Sports called the Premier League the best league in the world but these days it is. The money here has completely ruined Spain and Italy, France is a one team league and Germany's ownership model, whilst incredible for the fans and their domestic league, will always keep their top clubs from holding on to talents like Haaland forever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

... name one.

I know he's said historically that he likes Real Madrid but I genuinely think that given a season or so here at Man City once he realises how dominant he's going to be here and the records he could break here, I don't see why he leaves if I'm honest.

I used to cringe and roll my eyes whenever Sky Sports called the Premier League the best league in the world but these days it is. The money here has completely ruined Spain and Italy, France is a one team league and Germany's ownership model, whilst incredible for the fans and their domestic league, will always keep their top clubs from holding on to talents like Haaland forever.

His Dad did say this though. Real and Barca are still a huge pull though.

Just now, Finnegan said:

... name one.

Real Madrid definitely.

I don’t mean just to move to a bigger club but to win trophies elsewhere too. He just strikes me as someone that will play across all top leagues like Ronaldo.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

... name one.

Tbf both Serie A and Bundesliga are competitive this season, at least after 8 games. I predict Serie A will stay like this all season. Germans have a big football holiday period every winter and Bayern always manages to be a beast when it resumes. 

7 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Bruno Lage's status as the most forgettable manager of the Premier League era is secured, he's nudged ahead of such luminaries as Pepe Mel and Mauricio Pellegrino 

Alain Perrin.

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Na Felix Magath was so hilariously bad and nuts that he's memorable, he also has a memorable head. Bruno Lage looks like the default silhouette you get when you don't have a profile pic on Facebook 

And he did a lot for the sale of cheese. 

• Like 1

If you were to build you ideal striker in a laboratory, then it’s Haaland. The man is a joke. He has no weaknesses to his game, I honestly think you just can’t defend against him.  

22 years old, there is just no way that he should be this good. I am excited in a way, I am way too young to remember players like Cruyff and R9, to be fair, I can hardly recall Messi / Ronaldo breaking onto the scene. 

We are witnessing greatness here, if he stays fit, he could be the best to ever play the game. I have absolutely no doubt about that. 

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 1