Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I'm one of the harshest critics of Grealish going and that's exactly why. He does have a habit of slowing the game down, wasting the ball and letting defences have time to get back set.

But I think it'd be harsh to say he hasn't improved at all. He has gotten a bit better under Pep, become more direct and even though he still takes more touches than I would imagine Pep would prefer, he often now does drive far more directly at a team with less hesitation. Less just farting around near the touch line looking to 1v1 people showboating.

Fair enough.   But Pep has quickly changed Man City to a Blitzkrieg team.  More and more, his side’s quality is now directed toward placing overwhelming speed and force at the point of attack. 

Not Grealish’s natural game.

And wow.  Haaland will not only beat 11 in a row, he’ll beat 11 hat tricks in a row.

4 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

If you were to build you ideal striker in a laboratory, then it’s Haaland. The man is a joke. He has no weaknesses to his game, I honestly think you just can’t defend against him.  

22 years old, there is just no way that he should be this good. I am excited in a way, I am way too young to remember players like Cruyff and R9, to be fair, I can hardly recall Messi / Ronaldo breaking onto the scene. 

We are witnessing greatness here, if he stays fit, he could be the best to ever play the game. I have absolutely no doubt about that. 

Ronaldo was so good. Most complete striker I have ever seen and without his injuries he probably would be regarded as the greatest striker ever. He ended up playing less than 400 games. He was early 20’s at the 98 World Cup and probably the best striker in the World then.

Edited by Fox92

7 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Na Felix Magath was so hilariously bad and nuts that he's memorable, he also has a memorable head. Bruno Lage looks like the default silhouette you get when you don't have a profile pic on Facebook 

Tottenham had two in a couple of years, Jacques Santini - remember him!? Juande Ramos was actually pretty famous at the time but very easy to forget he briefly turned up in North London.

6 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Tbf both Serie A and Bundesliga are competitive this season, at least after 8 games. I predict Serie A will stay like this all season. Germans have a big football holiday period every winter and Bayern always manages to be a beast when it resumes. 

Oh look, I think they're two of the best leagues in Europe to watch at the moment. I love the re-emergence of Serie A as one of Europe's most entertaining leagues.

I'm not criticising them as entertainment but they're never going to be as "big" as the Premier League unless the Premier League crashes somehow financially. By "best" in this instance I literally mean having THE best players and teams.

When Sky used to make the claim it was embarrassing, the Spanish giants were completely dominant, Bayern were massive, Juve were massive, AC Milan pretty much lived in the Champions League last four and the English were routinely dumped out in the quarters. It's much different these days.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

If you were to build you ideal striker in a laboratory, then it’s Haaland. The man is a joke. He has no weaknesses to his game, I honestly think you just can’t defend against him.  

22 years old, there is just no way that he should be this good. I am excited in a way, I am way too young to remember players like Cruyff and R9, to be fair, I can hardly recall Messi / Ronaldo breaking onto the scene. 

We are witnessing greatness here, if he stays fit, he could be the best to ever play the game. I have absolutely no doubt about that. 

Pace? 

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

He'll break Vardy's record at some point if he plays a dozen consecutive games won't he

It’s already under threat. Haaland has scored in seven consecutive games and has favourable fixtures coming up:

Southampton (H)

Liverpool (A)

Brighton (A)

Leicester (A)

Fulham (H)

If he plays, I wouldn’t bet against him scoring in every single game here. 

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

Tottenham had two in a couple of years, Jacques Santini - remember him!? Juande Ramos was actually pretty famous at the time but very easy to forget he briefly turned up in North London..

Was gonna say Santini but I think he was a bit famously bad and also relatively high profile having been France gaffer, same with Ramos who iirc wound up at Real Madrid after? Think he won them the league cup n all. Not quite Lage levels

Just now, Matt_Lcfc said:

It’s already under threat. Haaland has scored in seven consecutive games and has favourable fixtures coming up:

Southampton (H)

Liverpool (A)

Brighton (A)

Leicester (A)

Fulham (H)

Liverpool away, is the one we can hope he doesn’t score albeit their defence isn’t great at the moment. He is ridiculous, just what you get when you have the best striker in the best team. 

2 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Southampton (H)

Liverpool (A)

Brighton (A)

Leicester (A)

Fulham (H)

I think he's scored in 6?

Newcastle

Palace

Forest

Villa

Wolves

United

• Like 1