Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Yet they are 6 and 7 points ahead of us, that’s even more woeful.

Tbf we have played 4 of the Big 6, including 3 away, in 7 games whilst Leeds have played 1 Big 6 team (at home) in 7 games and Villa have played only 2 Big 6 teams in 8 games. We've also played Brighton away who have been great so far. There is no doubt we've had the toughest start of any team except Palace. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

I am sorry mate but our players are good enough not to be rock bottom of the league anyway you are entitled to your opinion.

The manager’s job is to manage we have good players and we are playing below par.

"Good enough not be rock bottom"!! Sorry mate, you've just proved my argument. 

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

It really isn’t.

Lack of funds? Look at the playing staff, not the funds. Funds don’t score goals or mark from corners.

It really isn’t hard to get results and performances from a squad with this amount of quality in. Honestly, it isn’t. We are performing worse than we would be if the players were organising themselves without a manager. 

Funds do matter as we need continually to improve the squad and we, as a Club, simply have done that.

Secondly, if we have the so-called quality players in our line-up why aren't they doing the basic fundamentals of the game like scoring goals and marking at corners and free kicks? We're talking about professional footballers who just aren't doing the basics. The manager is there to give them the opportunities but once they cross that line it is up to them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, An Away Move said:

Dyche to Wolves? I thought I’d never want Dyche to manage us but I think he’s what we need to avoid relegation and that aim trumps playing style in the short to medium term. 

Can’t see Dyche standing for Mendes doing his summer signings 

20 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Attwell doing Attwell things. No decisive nature. Villa been playing for that all afternoon. 

Has he actually been that bad? Got most of the foul calls right and correct bookings.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Has he actually been that bad? Got most of the foul calls right and correct bookings.

In terms of actually controlling the game yeah. At no point in the first twenty minutes did he do anything like ask the captains to come over and have a chat. He just allowed to build and build.

Being a good ref is about as much as controlling players tempers than punishing it. The ref’s aim should always be to keep 22 on the pitch and avoid injuries - hes failed on that badly today 

Just now, CosbehFox said:

In terms of actually controlling the game yeah. At no point in the first twenty minutes did he do anything like ask the captains to come over and have a chat. He just allowed to build and build.

Being a good ref is about as much as controlling players tempers than punishing it. The ref’s aim should always be to keep 22 on the pitch and avoid injuries - hes failed on that badly today 

Maybe because it didn't require that? There was some challenges going in but nothing that required some kind of consultation with captains. It wasn't that bad. 

If anything most refs are too concerned with making the game 'soft'. It's good to see a ref let the physicality remain. There haven't been any malicious challenges or nasty injuries as a result. If there was I'd probably be in agreement with you.