Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

10 minutes ago, AjcW said:

You’ll never guess who Haaland plays against to better JV’s 11 in a row….

We'd just be 10, no? 

He didn't score against Bournemouth so it got reset and then there's been the postponements. 

He's on 6 atm and they've got Soton, Liverpool and Brighton before us. 

You'd imagine Liverpool would be seriously fired up to shut them down. 

1 hour ago, An Away Move said:

I hope so. Dyche’s honesty would be such a refreshing change from listening to Rodgers too. 

But isn't Rodgers' lilting Irish tone much easier to listen to than some gravelly voice that sounds like he smokes 40 a day?

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If anything most refs are too concerned with making the game 'soft'. It's good to see a ref let the physicality remain

Surely there should be consistency with referring so that all the referees make the same/similar decisions in the same/similar situations:huh:

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We'd just be 10, no? 

He didn't score against Bournemouth so it got reset and then there's been the postponements. 

He's on 6 atm and they've got Soton, Liverpool and Brighton before us. 

You'd imagine Liverpool would be seriously fired up to shut them down. 

Oh my bad, genuinely didn’t realise he’d not scored in a game lol 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

It's nil nil and they've had one shot on target against a shit Villa with an even worse manager than us. 

At home. 

And? First 20 minutes they were lively and moved the ball very quickly. I think that's when I posted that lol

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Bugger my bollocks Haaland is good.

I haven't used my triple captain boost in FPL yet - but sod's law he'll have his worst game if I use it for him :P  (I'm tempted to wait until we play them to see if it helps? ;) :D )

• Haha 1

Just now, PhillippaT said:

I haven't used my triple captain boost in FPL yet - but sod's law he'll have his worst game if I use it for him :P  (I'm tempted to wait until we play them to see if it helps? ;) :D )

please tell me which week you're planning to triple captain him just so I can avoid that week

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

You’ll never guess who Haaland plays against to better JV’s 11 in a row….

I'm genuinely more worried about him actually scoring 11 in the match. Could be a bloodbath. Certainly if we'd played them this weekend it could easily have been a PL record.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Once again I think people are massively overestimating the risk of Vardy’s record being broken.

This happens every time somebody gets to 5 or 6 games in a row, everybody gets very excited without realising that doing 5 or 6 in a row is in and of itself newsworthy, doing it again is so vanishingly rare that it’s only been done once in about 90 years.

Haaland is incredible but sooner or later he will have a game in which he doesn’t score. The smart money is on it happening before he gets to 11 in a row.