Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

44 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Once again I think people are massively overestimating the risk of Vardy’s record being broken.

This happens every time somebody gets to 5 or 6 games in a row, everybody gets very excited without realising that doing 5 or 6 in a row is in and of itself newsworthy, doing it again is so vanishingly rare that it’s only been done once in about 90 years.

Haaland is incredible but sooner or later he will have a game in which he doesn’t score. The smart money is on it happening before he gets to 11 in a row.

If he stays fit,no niggling knock..

It's on..this guy is really a scoring monster...He could play those 11-12 games,score consecutively with a record breaking total..I watched him at Dortmund. Just poetry in motion for a forward,with the expected physical clout..Man.city environment & movement is a tick more higher than Dortmund's .Hate to admit it,but it is so.

This guy has the potential to smash records..& with a ever maturing Foden & KDB the supply chain.

His only thought is goal,more important than the "gallery show"  his end product & natural eye for goal, is his gallery..

He'd confuse d'Vinci himself.

6 hours ago, Wymsey said:

The Real Madrid president is calling the game ''sick'', in a bid to get a European Super League under way.

Does anyone agree?..

In a sense he's right, in that oil state clubs are taking control.

But his solution is to allow a different kind of elite to control the money flows and transfer dealings.

Kevin De Bruyne has overtaken David Silva in the all-time Premier League assist table, having played 91 games fewer! 🤯
The Belgian midfielder has now set up 94 goals in 218 appearances 🍽️

309206176_10160263235373762_647068858425

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Haaland is going to break Vardy's record isn't he.

Probably but it was always going to get beaten at some point, might as well be somone of Haaland's class as opposed to someone like Danny Ings

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Haaland is going to break Vardy's record isn't he.

I think by the time he hangs his boots up he will hold every goal scoring record in the game.

I just don’t see a single fault in his game. Almost the perfect striker. I really don’t like Man City, but just love watching Haaland do his thing…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davieG said:
Kevin De Bruyne has overtaken David Silva in the all-time Premier League assist table, having played 91 games fewer! 🤯

Said it before but De Bruyne is the best playmaker I’ve ever seen in this country. He just glides across the pitch, is deceptively fast and just about the best passer we’ve ever seen I think.

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

I think by the time he hangs his boots up he will hold every goal scoring record in the game.

I just don’t see a single fault in his game. Almost the perfect striker. I really don’t like Man City, but just love watching Haaland do his thing…

Size plus speed of movement, big advantages and combine that with intense focus , a defenders nightmare. Nowhere near as skilful as Ronaldo but like Lewandowski , efficiency makes up for it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ttfn said:

The smart money is on it happening before he gets to 11 in a row.

I mean, I'm not entirely sure I'd say "smart." Smart would be not going near betting on it one way or another. 

Yes it'd be a special achievement, even for a Haaland playing for Man City. But christ, do you really want to bet against him right now?  He just scored hattricks in three consecutive home games in his first few games in the Premier League, ever. lol

Liverpool look like the only really noteworthy team standing between him and the record and they're in woeful form, they just shipped three at home to Brighton.

Man City have got a fairly straightforward run coming up. 

Edited by Finnegan

28 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How come Everton vs Man Utd is at 7pm next Sunday? 

Man U play EL on the Thursday before. And for some reason this was picked by BT (who would have known Man U are in the EL before picking the fixture). There must have been something else to mess the fixture around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Haaland has the Schumacher, Hamilton et al factor for me. He’s so much better than the competition that it’s no longer a competition and becomes a bore.