Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I mean, I'm not entirely sure I'd say "smart." Smart would be not going near betting on it one way or another. 

Yes it'd be a special achievement, even for a Haaland playing for Man City. But christ, do you really want to bet against him right now?  He just scored hattricks in three consecutive home games in his first few games in the Premier League, ever. lol

Liverpool look like the only really noteworthy team standing between him and the record and they're in woeful form, they just shipped three at home to Brighton.

Man City have got a fairly straightforward run coming up. 

Yeah but can he do it on a cold and rainy Tuesday night in Stoke? Of course he can't. Phil Jagielka has seen it all before.

Shame the Arsenal game was postponed else he'd have had to get through that and the Liverpool games to maintain his scoring run. Liverpool will be the big stumbling block in the next batch of games, but then again the only side to keep him out so far is Bournemouth so probably still unlikely he'll beat the record. He's absolutely made for the set up at City though - can just sit in and around the box and pick up all the balls into the box. He's gonna break all sorts of records, whether he does break Vardy's or not.

Must admit part of me is really worried about what he'll do to our defence, but another part is looking forward to seeing him live. He's a special player.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Yeah but can he do it on a cold and rainy Tuesday night in Stoke? Of course he can't. Phil Jagielka has seen it all before.

He did it in Dortmund...middle of the week in stormy stadiums..just a fair weather

player he ain't...

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Firstly, it’s forest so it’s hilarious but from a different perspective, Cooper had zero chance, like literally zero chance of doing anything. That squad needs months with a manager. Benitez also won’t do anything. Their best option is sticking with Cooper. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Firstly, it’s forest so it’s hilarious but from a different perspective, Cooper had zero chance, like literally zero chance of doing anything. That squad needs months with a manager. Benitez also won’t do anything. Their best option is sticking with Cooper. 

He can't even know the names of all the new signings yet! 

Definitely don't want him sacked. Doing a grand job do far :ph34r: