Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

41 minutes ago, pedmcl said:

It's like they were the only people in the world who didn't seem to know that that strategy wouldn't work. 

You're talking about Marinakis and his son. There's no logic or common sense regarding Marinakis. Forest fans are absolutely deluded. This guy is mental. I said it 3 months ago here, they'll end up in League One if they're lucky with Marinakis in charge. This team wasn't ready for PL and their promotion will be the final nail in the coffin. They're done and they don't even know it. 

27 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

You're talking about Marinakis and his son. There's no logic or common sense regarding Marinakis. Forest fans are absolutely deluded. This guy is mental. I said it 3 months ago here, they'll end up in League One if they're lucky with Marinakis in charge. This team wasn't ready for PL and their promotion will be the final nail in the coffin. They're done and they don't even know it. 

They’ve had back-to-back shit owners with Fawaz and now Marinakis but they’ve weirdly rimmed both, especially Marinakis now they’ve been promoted under him. Both are a kit colour change away from Tan at Cardiff, and I can guarantee they’ll end up in a worse spot than where they were by the time he’s done too. 

It’s like being irrelevant for so long after their success in the 80s has had some kind of irrevocable psychological impact on their entire fanbase where they have to worship any bloke who’ll invest a few bob in them and engage in the most weirdly affectionate rivalry with Derby competing over a tinpot trophy and slobbering over how good a manager was forty years ago. Very very strange folk.

Edited by Finnaldo

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

Cooper worked wonders to win promotion then gets a virtually new 25 man squad and given 8 games.

How can a team get any sort of pattern of identity in that scenario?

The new 25 man squad was forced to him by Marinakis and his son. Why didn't he resign? Only 3 players there are his choice. He's the same as Rodgers and the rest. All for the money. They'll never resign. They just want to be sacked to get the compensation. 

• Like 1

A quick look at the florist forum and it seems their fan base are totally opposed to Rafa taking over. I know he's not famed for exciting football, but who do they think can take over such a mess and have a reasonable chance of grinding out results?

26 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

The new 25 man squad was forced to him by Marinakis and his son. Why didn't he resign? Only 3 players there are his choice. He's the same as Rodgers and the rest. All for the money. They'll never resign. They just want to be sacked to get the compensation. 

I don’t see why Cooper should resign in that scenario. Absolutely bizarre way to run a football club by the owners.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

A quick look at the florist forum and it seems their fan base are totally opposed to Rafa taking over. I know he's not famed for exciting football, but who do they think can take over such a mess and have a reasonable chance of grinding out results?

You'd have to be mad to step in and manage that mess. I think it's fair to say that most managers don't want a relegation going on their CV, and not a lot of managers will be able to keep Forest up I don't think. Sack Cooper, and they'll end up with someone like Scott Parker and get relegated anyway, and if they get relegated they will be completely screwed financially after this summers performance, what a shame. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkidsFox said:

Some of them want Postecoglou from Celtic. 😀 Like Postecoglou will leave Celtic to go to Forest! 

Fair play for finally admitting it!

'Famous Anfield atmosphere a myth'

Liverpool v Rangers (20:00 BST)

image.gif.f8e3df187400de784471bd4437676d39.gif
.Copyright: .

Jordan Chamberlain, Empire of the Kop

It's not easy to admit this as a Red, but, quite often, the famous Anfield atmosphere really is a myth.

Having gone 2-0 down to Brighton, Liverpool rallied and went 3-2 up in the 64th minute - an impressive turnaround.

But the crowd's reaction to Liverpool's third goal, albeit an own goal, was tepid. A quick cheer and a smattering of applause, not the raucous celebration you'd expect from a big turnaround goal.

Why?

There is a sense of expectation from many who sit in Anfield - both day-trippers and season ticket-holders - that they should and will be entertained, especially during daytime matches against supposedly lesser opponents. But really, a supporter's job is to support.

It was almost like many who witnessed Liverpool's third goal were disappointed it was an ugly own goal and not a Mohamed Salah thunderbolt.

Sometimes the fans need to recognise when the team is in a difficult moment and make the noise to inject some energy and fight into their veins

3 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

Benitez problem will be the centre backs options though. Their best CB is out at the moment. The other three aren’t good enough for the top flight 

3 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I find this attitude a little strange, at the end of the day it’s a job - aren’t we all there for the money.

If you believe in your own ability to do a job why would you resign? I honestly don’t believe anyone wants to get the sack, do a bad job and that’s your reputation lost and your ability to earn more money in the future down the drain.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, 4everfox said:

You'd have to be mad to step in and manage that mess. I think it's fair to say that most managers don't want a relegation going on their CV, and not a lot of managers will be able to keep Forest up I don't think. Sack Cooper, and they'll end up with someone like Scott Parker and get relegated anyway, and if they get relegated they will be completely screwed financially after this summers performance, what a shame. 

Was Parker the fulham manager when they signed 100 players after promotion? That went very badly. Get the lad a new cardie and gerrim' in. 

Probably not good news for Cooper if they are getting someone in who worked for us under the Pozzos .

We did buy those players but also an awful lot of rubbish and he was basically on the training ground watching whatever manager we had at the time then reporting back to the owners ..

On 04/10/2022 at 10:03, Fear Of The Fox said:

they'll end up in League One if they're lucky with Marinakis in charge.

And what a feeder club for Olympiakos they will be.  Genius.

On 04/10/2022 at 10:29, Finnaldo said:

They’ve had back-to-back shit owners with Fawaz and now Marinakis but they’ve weirdly rimmed both, especially Marinakis now they’ve been promoted under him. Both are a kit colour change away from Tan at Cardiff, and I can guarantee they’ll end up in a worse spot than where they were by the time he’s done too. 

It’s like being irrelevant for so long after their success in the 80s has had some kind of irrevocable psychological impact on their entire fanbase where they have to worship any bloke who’ll invest a few bob in them and engage in the most weirdly affectionate rivalry with Derby competing over a tinpot trophy and slobbering over how good a manager was forty years ago. Very very strange folk.

Remember fawaz day 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2