Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

20 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I am surprised he has lasted this long tbf

I find they tend to go on a decent run of results when he gets under pressure..

Although Southampton have a nice easy game this weekend against some team in blue around the Manchester area...

8 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

Fofana just got what looks like a big injury hmmm karma maybe 🤔🤔

This tweet  is genuinely one of the most ridiculous  takes  ive ever seen...   but im here for it lol

https://twitter.com/NormandeForeman/status/1577745638011330560?s=20&t=2uYTZDd1_INrukbVMCbmVA

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

I find they tend to go on a decent run of results when he gets under pressure..

Although Southampton have a nice easy game this weekend against some team in blue around the Manchester area...

Oldham?

• Haha 1

On 05/10/2022 at 02:28, Fear Of The Fox said:

The new 25 man squad was forced to him by Marinakis and his son. Why didn't he resign? Only 3 players there are his choice. He's the same as Rodgers and the rest. All for the money. They'll never resign. They just want to be sacked to get the compensation. 

"Hey Boss, I'd like some players." 

"Cool, here's 25. Hope you can make the best out of them."

"What?!?! I'm handing in my resignation immediately!"

• Haha 2

On 03/05/2022 at 21:54, Aus Fox said:

As the Premier League goes for us, I think we’re all ready to draw a line under 2021/22 and look forwards to 2022/23. We now know 19 of the participants, with Norwich and Watford being replaced by Fulham and Bournemouth.

A really interesting season ahead I think, a few big teams in need of a rebuild, including ourselves. We have Newcastle with the first summer window with their money, Man Utd with a new manager and lots of uncertainty at Chelsea.

It promises to be an interesting and exciting season ahead.

You certainly created a scenario for the upcoming season there, didn't you. Since when were we a "big team"? 

Unfortunately little has really changed, has it - with the 'Terminator' having arrived at the Etihad, I don't see Arsenal changing the outcome of the title race, but one can hope. Spurs still flatter themselves. United players still can't seem to be arsed - whoever their latest manager is. 

You were right about Chelsea - I'm not sure just what you were right about, but credit where credit's due.

Newcastle - bit of a meh there.

As for it being interesting and exciting season ahead  - as far as City are concerned they're not quite the words I'd use. Fearful and nail-biting? Trepidacious and foreboding?

The rebuild never really happened, did it. More like a piss-poor makeover - with Schmeichel and Fofana deserting the floundering ship (and can one reproach them?) and, finally, a decent-looking centre-half arriving - way past the due date. Who could have imagined that BR might be under threat at this juncture? Well......

Someone had to start the thread...I suppose. No great insights and you omitted to mention Manchester City's probable indominability with the coming of the Haaland as you did with BR's tenuous position. But bland enough not to be silly and, of course, scenarios take time to develop. 

Will Fofana get as much help and support at Chelsea where there are many stars there, I have my doubts, will he come good eventually, I think so, but he may not walk straight back in the team like he did here if it's a long lay off.

14 minutes ago, jv1 said:

We all know Fofana screwed us over big time and his antics have been partly responsible for the shambles that is the start of this season- so for that I have no love at all for the guy- hero to zero very quickly - HOWEVER anyone wishing him serious injury needs a head wobble - not a good look from our fan base at all- we all hope he fails massively at chelsea but nobody should be hoping he has done his ACL - we are all better than that- everyone should be better than that- I for one hope it isnt a really bad one - and then I hope he fails miserably-  fit and miserably

Exactly. His character is the problem and he's not the only one being like that from this bunch of new generation footballers. The other thing is that he knows he's injury prone. If it's an ACL he'll be out for another 6-8 months. Two years not playing football, 21yrs old and his bank account full. It's just mad. 

FotMob has him down for a potential return mid November but I reckon this is just a "placeholder". 

21 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

As a fanbase, we should be better than wishing a serious injury on a player...

Yet here we are.

Personally never wish it on anyone, however I couldn’t care less that it’s happened (more in regards Chelsea than the lad himself). 

• Like 1