Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Sad news coming out of Spurs today

Their Fitness Coach Gian Pierro Ventrone, aged just 61 passed away. 

Apparently he was only diagnosed* with Cancer a week or so ago, possibly explains the long embrace with Son after our game. 

*Spurs fans unsure whether this was 'diagnosed' or 'told the team'

• Sad 4

i much prefer to watch a player fall from grace the way maguire has rather than a talented but stupid footballer get a career ruined by unlucky injuries.

Especially when we have add ons inserted in their deal lol 

how lucky are we that we took the money now. Imagine if we dragged our heels then he did this a few games later :dunno:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TK95 said:

I don't wish injury on him but equally feel absolutely no sympathy whatsoever. I don't think there's anything wrong with that

Exactly. And as a rule I couldn't care less what happens to players of other clubs.

(At least when it comes to the normal injuries that are an occupational hazard. It's different with those occasional horrific leg breaks that make you feel sick when you see them, or obviously stuff like Eriksen or Muamba).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

i much prefer to watch a player fall from grace the way maguire has rather than a talented but stupid footballer get a career ruined by unlucky injuries.

Especially when we have add ons inserted in their deal lol 

how lucky are we that we took the money now. Imagine if we dragged our heels then he did this a few games later :dunno:

Why though? Unless you're just using Maguire as an example then I seriously don't understand this - Maguire was professional through to the end with us and we got a great sum of money for him. Fofana was a c*ck and left us in such a weak position. I didn't celebrate him getting injured, but I certainly wasn't sad when we went off. I think I'd have felt much more sympathy if it was Maguire hobbling off. 

Edited by adam95581
Typo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, adam95581 said:

Why though? Unless you're just using Maguire as an example then I seriously don't understand this - Maguire was professional through to the end with us and we got a great sum of money for him. Fofana was a c*ck and left us in such a weak position. I would celebrate him getting injured, but I certainly wasn't sad when we went off. I think I'd have felt much more sympathy if it was Maguire hobbling off. 

You won't celebrate. You just accept it as part of the game as players do. Especially with Fofana who personally knows his body limitations and weaknesses. 

6 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

Why though? Unless you're just using Maguire as an example then I seriously don't understand this - Maguire was professional through to the end with us and we got a great sum of money for him. Fofana was a c*ck and left us in such a weak position. I didn't celebrate him getting injured, but I certainly wasn't sad when we went off. I think I'd have felt much more sympathy if it was Maguire hobbling off. 

2 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

You won't celebrate. You just accept it as part of the game as players do. Especially with Fofana who personally knows his body limitations and weaknesses. 

Corrected the typo.

Edited by adam95581

4 hours ago, An Away Move said:

Agreed. But delighted he’s done his ACL there and not with us. 

I think that’s where I am with Fofana 

I’m never one to wish a player well once they leave Leicester as, once they’ve left us, they’re fairly irrelevant to me either way. In Fofana’s case I’d be delighted if he fails, but not through injury as that’s just a bit sad. Rather with them than us though.

I have to admit I’ve changed a bit on Maguire. I really hoped he’d fail at Man Utd, but I think the abuse he gets now has probably reached a peak and I’m starting to feel a bit sorry for him. Although … I still couldn’t wish him good form when playing for such a hideous club. 

25 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Fofana only out for 4-5 weeks I've just seen. Good for him but a shame Chelsea aren't getting shafted as much 

Any source please? The only one I saw earlier this morning was FotMob which indeed had him out for 4-5 weeks. I can't believe FotMob knew about this at 7am.