Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

14 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

According to some Michael Beale leaving has probably made a pretty big impact on him. 

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it will have had a huge impact. Beale knows his stuff.

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Gerrard actually said, something along the lines of, it would take him "years" to become a good as Beale is as a coach.

Beale currently sitting nicely in the Championship play offs. Obviously rated well as a coach, and now doing okay so far as a manager.

Not to be flippant (as I know you're not talking Beale down here), but I'd say sitting nicely in the Championship playoffs within your first 6 months of being a football manager is pretty damn impressive 😁.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Ermmm what?

Fair play to them. He did well last season and is well thought of. It’s hard to adapt to the premier league and harder still when you’re also trying to bed in 21 new players at once. 

Ultimately it might not work but it should at least put an end to the speculation about his role. 

2 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

Fair play to them. He did well last season and is well thought of. It’s hard to adapt to the premier league and harder still when you’re also trying to bed in 21 new players at once. 

Ultimately it might not work but it should at least put an end to the speculation about his role. 

It's definitely the right decision, but he does need to buck up his ideas.

He played a midfielder at CB against us when he had plenty of other CB options, and that left him with a weak two man midfield completely exposed to our 3 and let Madders essentially float around in acres of space

There was a hell of a lot of issues with his tactics on Monday, bedding in players or not. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

how much do Forest fans trust their owners to stick by him if they keep losing?

Yeah could be an issue if that happens but They was singing his name at our game when they was 3-0 down so seems they are happy with him for now

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Yeah could be an issue if that happens but They was singing his name at our game when they was 3-0 down so seems they are happy with him for now

Which is basically the opposite to our fans reaction to most of the people who the Pozzo have sacked tbh .

They probably weren’t on Twitter demanding Cooper must go either .

Almost a good PR move by the owners to not sack a popular manager the fans could relate to.

Probably saving money on any  compensation payout so they can buy another 11 players in January!

• Like 1

Jokes aside, this is a bizarre move by Marinakis. Observations:

- Cooper has failed until now to utilise the 20+ new players he (?) brought in. 

- Even with the common excuses like "it's too difficult to create a proper working team with so many new arrivals", Cooper is clearly out of his depth. 

- If the players heads are not yet down, the dressing room will be lost soon. Good luck going to Championship with the same players and same manager that will probably be battered every week for the next 8 months. 

Marinakis is trying to buy time and please the Forest fanbase because he doesn't want them to turn against him like it's happening now at Olympiakos after another humiliation they had last night vs Qarabag at home. An overweight by at least 10kg Marcelo featured there and the Olympiakos fans are going rampage against Marinakis today. 

Forest fans are deluded. They have been emotionally attached to Cooper because he got them promoted. Guess what lads, football is business and about making the right decisions at the right time. Ask Ranieri. 

7 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Which is basically the opposite to our fans reaction to most of the people who the Pozzo have sacked tbh .

They probably weren’t on Twitter demanding Cooper must go either .

Almost a good PR move by the owners to not sack a popular manager the fans could relate to.

Probably saving money on any  compensation payout so they can buy another 11 players in January!

It's not a PR move, it's a PR stunt. 

• Like 1

Bit weird that managers have been sacked yet the 2 worst sides so far have stuck with their managers, for now. 

Bit of a brave decision really because if things don't improve I'm sure they will sack him, maybe there is a clause in there somewhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Bit weird that managers have been sacked yet the 2 worst sides so far have stuck with their managers, for now. 

Bit of a brave decision really because if things don't improve I'm sure they will sack him, maybe there is a clause in there somewhere.

What kind of clause? It's a full manager contract prepared and signed the time Forest has 99.99% probability to go down. New contract now means that if he's sacked he's getting more money. 

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Had Cooper got the sack it would have been very harsh, given what he has done at the club, they have come up too soon for sure. So good to see he was handed a new contract

I can't understand this approach. Yes they have come up too soon. Does this mean they have to go down right away without a fight? If they go down they'll be in a worse position than the season they went up.

11 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

What kind of clause? It's a full manager contract prepared and signed the time Forest has 99.99% probability to go down. New contract now means that if he's sacked he's getting more money. 

I don't know, maybe an agreed payoff price. Unlikely probably. 

If we stay up great.  But the question that matters is ‘who will get us promoted next year’.

There is some PR about this I agree.  The owners would face mutiny if they’d sacked him. The fans saved his job.  Cooper deserves his chance after what he’s done for us. 

If that makes us ‘deluded’, I’m happy to be deluded.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Fair play to Forest if they're adrift at the bottom come January and haven't sacked him. Until then...  

You do understand that they can't sack him this season, don't you? He's just signed a new contract while being bottom of the table. He can't get the sack later this season for being bottom of the table. It's like the Titanic. They'll sink happily together. 

2 minutes ago, ForestAreMagic said:

If we stay up great.  But the question that matters is ‘who will get us promoted next year’.

There is some PR about this I agree.  The owners would face mutiny if they’d sacked him. The fans saved his job.  Cooper deserves his chance after what he’s done for us. 

If that makes us ‘deluded’, I’m happy to be deluded.

Huh? He's signed until 2025 so he's been given the green light to get you promoted next season. With another 25 new signings. Mostly loans again. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

You do understand that they can't sack him this season, don't you? He's just signed a new contract while being bottom of the table. He can't get the sack later this season for being bottom of the table. It's like the Titanic. They'll sink happily together. 

Don't be so sure...

• Haha 1