Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

6 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Messi is 9 off too so likely to achieve it this season too.

Life in the old dogs still. 

Set new standards haven't they?

Will we ever see the likes of it again?

I know I joked about Haaland, but who else could even get close to those numbers? 

I think I heard a stat that Phil Foden under Pep got to x amount of goals quicker than Messi, but that won't continue on that trajectory.

We've probably witnessed the 2 greatest players of all time. At the same time. And most people want to argue over who's better, rather than enjoying it. 

It's been magnificent. And it still is.

• Like 1

Just now, Tuna said:

Rules are rules but that rule is daft, ridiculous to disallow that goal for that!

It stems from not wanting goals to be scored off an arm/hand or set up by an arm/hand (irrespective of intent) 

you need to work out how you differentiate between that and what just happened with rashford 

1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

Yet West Ham got 2 goals after handballs by the scorers earlier !

Such a lottery isn’t it !

Haven't seen the West Ham goals but the inconsistency is part of the problem, and so frustrating, VAR in it's current form needs binning and it needs a complete rethink and reboot.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Haven't seen the West Ham goals but the inconsistency is part of the problem, and so frustrating, VAR in it's current form needs binning and it needs a complete rethink and reboot.

VAR

Brendan Rodgers 

Famine 

You can only get rid of one? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Not seen this one and the others might have been harsh too rule out as well but like you say needs to be consistent or almost just pot luck depending on who the refs are.

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Not seen this one and the others might have been harsh too rule out as well but like you say needs to be consistent or almost just pot luck depending on who the refs are.

Not refs - VARs

refs rarely see attacking handballs cos they are often  ricochets …

• Like 1