Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sad to hear about. I think he had to return early from International duty with Zambia recently? 

That's so sad man, hopefully Brighton offer him a chance to go into coaching or something within the club. 

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sad to hear about. I think he had to return early from International duty with Zambia recently? 

Yeah him and Daka both ended up in hospital soon after arriving in Mali due to illness

Daka was alright to be released to go back to the team hotel to recover but Mwepu was kept in the hospital for a few days for tests etc.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

He only signed the other season, wouldn’t any hereditary heart disease been picked up in the stringent medical tests of the record transfer deal?

From what I understand as he is a young man, hereditary or developed heart issues can be still not always apparent with these tests. But then for instance the next year, they could be showing. This information was read from an article that endorsed and emphasised the need for yearly if not more frequent heart testing of young footballers.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, westernpark said:

From what I understand as he is a young man, hereditary or developed heart issues can be still not always apparent with these tests. But then for instance the next year, they could be showing. This information was read from an article that endorsed and emphasised the need for yearly if not more frequent heart testing of young footballers.

Should probably be something we all get on a regular basis, really. Plenty of athletes from kids to older adults have these conditions.

Could happen to any one of us jogging after our kids as you're teaching them to ride a bike. Not sure how it would happen but blokes get regular prostate cancer screenings and women get regular cervical and breast cancer screenings after a certain age.

But it would make sense if somehow everyone could pop along and get an ECG or whatever other tests they do as a matter of course.

Best wishes to Enock Mwepu, though  24 is so young to have your dream cut short but so fortunate to have this condition caught. Hope he continues to play a role in the game.

• Like 2