Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He'd be dreadful and a HUGE step backwards. It's a no ambition appointment. There's a reason he hasn't got the job at any of the other clubs without managers this season and the only jobs he's linked with are a division below. 

A huge step backwards is getting relegated from the top flight under the leadership of this fraud.

We're in the shit, we need to tighten up and get points.

We haven't got the money to buy another manager out of a contract,  so we need to get someone available so no compo payment,  and someone that knows the league below as that's where we're heading.

Someone without English football experience might need time to adapt,  which we haven't got and might find the championship even harder.

All about opinions and we might have Brendan for a while yet,unfortunately.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Even ones at grassroots level ?

Often turns into physical assault and threats at that stage .

Yes same here under Graham Taylor in the 80s.

Obviously I'm not saying it should be allowed to get to that and I understand your point. But in the heat of a match like that when it's plain as day that Taylor and his assistant has had an absolute stinker, nobody should be surprised he's got that irate about it. On reflection my comment might have been misjudged on officials as a whole but in context, there is more nuance to it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

But he won’t. Another big game will stop him. 

Record belongs with the best.

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

And fail again. 

Whilst I don't want Vardy's record to be broken, or even matched, it will be at some stage.

Kane is on 5 at the minute and I definitely don't want him to do it.

Records are set to be broken and I'm sure Vardy will take it in such grace as van Nistelrooy did.

If its going to be done in the foreseeable, its going to be Haaland.

3 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

No

Just NO😡

Man City are everything football shouldn’t be. Why would you want them to win it over Arsenal, where Arteta has slowly overseen a rebuild without as much resources. Arsenal every day of the week.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

A huge step backwards is getting relegated from the top flight under the leadership of this fraud.

We're in the shit, we need to tighten up and get points.

We haven't got the money to buy another manager out of a contract,  so we need to get someone available so no compo payment,  and someone that knows the league below as that's where we're heading.

Someone without English football experience might need time to adapt,  which we haven't got and might find the championship even harder.

All about opinions and we might have Brendan for a while yet,unfortunately.

English football experience is such a myth it's unbelievable. 

Just now, Fox92 said:

Man City are everything football shouldn’t be. Why would you want them to win it over Arsenal, where Arteta has slowly overseen a rebuild without as much resources. Arsenal every day of the week.

For me it's simply because of their fans

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Whilst I don't want Vardy's record to be broken, or even matched, it will be at some stage.

Records are set to be broken and I'm sure Vardy will take it in such grace as van Nistelrooy did.

I never said it wouldn’t be broken. Of course it will at some point. I was merely pointing out, through the very humorous and adult medium of AaAaAaAa, that it won’t be as easy as many were asserting. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Oh, definitely not Kane. Desperately don't want it to be him.

• Like 2

Just now, RumbleFox said:

I never said it wouldn’t be broken. Of course it will at some point. I was merely pointing out, through the very humorous and adult medium of AaAaAaAa, that it won’t be as easy as many were asserting. 

Oh, it won't be easy, but the nordic meat shield is something else

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I imagine they've spent a pretty similar amount and their fans are unbearable 

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Because they’re another set of insufferable entitled fans 

let’s see them reach twenty years with no title

Edited by st albans fox

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Absolutely this. The Saudi funded Emptiad are an unholy aberration that represent everything that is wrong in the sport. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Mods...I've been banned for far less

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

But it's the fans. THINK OF THE FANS

Gooners are already unbearable - think of what that lot would be like of they win the title. 

Man C, by and large, a decent set in my experience. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Fair point but all of the clubs at the top table are despicable clubs.

I live in Bedford, so I guess I don't want their fans gloating.

There's not too many Man City fans round here , so it's always easier when they win things as opposed to the London lot and the plastics from the North West 

• Like 1