Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

On 27/06/2022 at 22:18, Cardiff_Fox said:

I see one of the Forest loanees, Zinckernagel has ended up at Olympiakos. Probably the right decision like but that’s another player they’ve gotta make up

If he's ended up at Olympiakos it wont be long before he is back at Forest, they have the same owner

9 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Always enjoy a good football documentary but I'll be skipping this, just cannot sit through a programme about yet another London club.

I agree.

Man City was great because its one of the best teams in England at their peak.

Sunderland Til I Die was great as it was just laughably tragic.

Everything else in between is just a bit meh.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

But then they’d be taking 1 of 2 loan spaces early into the transfer window 

The 2 loan spaces thing is only Prem to Prem isn't it? 

19 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I agree.

I don't really care about the football ones. Much more interesting when you get insights into sports you're not as familiar with in my opinion. 

29 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I agree.

The four year plan on Amazon prime is really good. 

26 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Is the Chicago Bulls one any good? I grew up in the Michael Jordan era

Very very good!! 

Obviously the series is pretty much all about Jordan but the episodes involving Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman were really interesting, crazy to see what went on behind the scenes

It portrays Jordan in many different lights, he can come across as arrogant and arsey, but it showed what he was all about, at the end of the day he wanted to win everything 

• Like 2

On 27/06/2022 at 22:18, Cardiff_Fox said:

I see one of the Forest loanees, Zinckernagel has ended up at Olympiakos. Probably the right decision like but that’s another player they’ve gotta make up

One of their best performers last year and looked Prem quality. Surprised they didn't make retaining him a priority.

Feel like our title winning season came just a little too early for the trend in these reality sports docs. Would have been amazing to see behind the scenes action from Pearson’s comeback season to his firing and hiring of Ranieri and then winning the league. 2 blockbuster seasons! Would have had everyone glued to the box. Then again a film crew hanging around could have been a major distraction and the magic might not have happened. Oh well. Hope theirs lots of unseen footage NETFLIX can make a movie from post humously. 🤞🏽🤞🏽

• Like 2

If there'd have been cameras in there, we wouldn't have won the league. As others have pointed out, only the Sunderland one is interesting because it's an absolute car crash. 

For this to work, you'd have to have cameras very subtly placed or focusing just on one or two "characters". 

6 hours ago, Nalis said:

Probably worth noting that Sunderland Til I Die was an independent production.

The All or Nothing series were produced by Amazon and have a more whitewashed feel to them.  Their access probably came in exchange for a degree of content control by the clubs.

Mourinho gave the Tottenham series some spice and entertainment value.  I can't imagine how the Arsenal series will duplicate even that.  Other that offloading Aubameyang, isn't it just the usual "good-but-not-great rich team pursue top four"?

2 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Feel like our title winning season came just a little too early for the trend in these reality sports docs. Would have been amazing to see behind the scenes action from Pearson’s comeback season to his firing and hiring of Ranieri and then winning the league. 2 blockbuster seasons! Would have had everyone glued to the box. Then again a film crew hanging around could have been a major distraction and the magic might not have happened. Oh well. Hope theirs lots of unseen footage NETFLIX can make a movie from post humously. 🤞🏽🤞🏽

It would've been great viewing but as Pearson barely tolerated the press/tv cameras in scheduled press conferences, there's absolutely no way he would've had a tv crew behind the scenes. 

16 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

The four year plan on Amazon prime is really good. 

Is this going to be similar to the hard knocks, each year we get a new team? 

I personally really enjoyed the spurs one.

Commercially they are great for clubs,  I know a few people out in canada that chose to follow man city just because they saw the documentary on them.

I’ll even admit, i’m a miami dolphins fan because i watched the hard knocks season on my way to miami on the plane. If you are overseas these sort of videos give you the connection to a club that you won’t get outside of the country. 

I genuinely stopped my wife watching the spurs one with me because she said she was starting to like them 😂

EDIT* just realised this was a title and not you complementing the upcoming documentaries  :giggle:

Edited by Lambert09

23 hours ago, Nalis said:

I agree.

Enjoyed the spurs one until the last couple when covid had just hit. Just seemed to Peter out and nowhere near as in depth. 

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Everton fans are fuming with the fee for Richarlison

I would be too. Did they play up to £50m for him and essentially selling him for £50m? They probably could and should have demanded more.

5 hours ago, Nalis said:

I would be too. Did they play up to £50m for him and essentially selling him for £50m? They probably could and should have demanded more.

Depends what point of his Watford contract he was at when they signed him and how long he has on his Everton contract now. Sure he's improved as a player but its not the only thing that affects valuation.

7 hours ago, Nalis said:

Worth more to them to get it over the line today for 2021/22 FFP compliance, than to fight for more £££. 

That's the type of leverage that attracts Levy like a fly to feces.  Otherwise it seems out of character for him to buy an expensive player he doesn't really need.