Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

5 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Puts Vardy's streak into perspective.

Vardy has 2 longer streaks than the one Haaland’s just been on

34 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Man City are everything football shouldn’t be. Why would you want them to win it over Arsenal, where Arteta has slowly overseen a rebuild without as much resources. Arsenal every day 

The thing is, Man City win all these trophies and no one seems to care. Do you think it's because people cam just see through it? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

For me it's simply because of their fans

30 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I imagine they've spent a pretty similar amount and their fans are unbearable 

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Because they’re another set of insufferable entitled fans 

let’s see them reach twenty years with no title

Man City fans are worse. Still sing about us sacking Ranieri, they are proper weirdos. That’s without how they act when you’re in the away end at the Etihad. Best team in the Country and among the worse support, home and away.

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

All too 6 fans are unbearable- no doubt this was a victory for the underdog against the wealthy today.

They play great matches but both clubs are insufferable.

Liverpool are hardly underdogs at Anfield against anyone

Didn't they spend 85 million on a striker a few months back?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Man City fans are worse. Still sing about us sacking Ranieri, they are proper weirdos. That’s without how they act when you’re in the away end at the Etihad. Best team in the Country and among the worse support, home and away.

I don't personally know any though so less of a problem for me. Arsenal are just the weirdest

39 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Man City are everything football shouldn’t be. Why would you want them to win it over Arsenal, where Arteta has slowly overseen a rebuild without as much resources. Arsenal every day of the week.

Fairly sure arsenal have outspent Man City since Arteta was appointed.

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

All too 6 fans are unbearable- no doubt this was a victory for the underdog against the wealthy today.

They play great matches but both clubs are insufferable.

Start of the premier league it was the other way around, so although the “loophole” was shut, was it wrong to challenge the status quo? 

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

The thing is, Man City win all these trophies and no one seems to care. Do you think it's because people cam just see through it? 

Man City were a popular "other" club for years so they've not had generations of jealousy, bitterness, anger at having their fans gloating in school/ work/ pubs.

I think people just see one rich club stopping another few rich clubs from winning trophies their club is unlikely to. Football is about the select few so why worry about which one wins?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

Fairly sure arsenal have outspent Man City since Arteta was appointed.

Probably have. Still nothing compared to the £70-£100m Man City spend every window. Then they moan teams defend against them lol Not exactly a level playing field is it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Man City fans that I've met have been some of the best.

They've suffered hard times ,unlike the other top 6 , but always seem to be pretty gracious in victory or defeat. 

At least they've seen their best players sold,relegation and embarrassing cup defeats on a regular basis.

I suppose it depends on who you've met ,as all clubs have dickhead fans.

Even ours😄

46 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Man City are everything football shouldn’t be. Why would you want them to win it over Arsenal, where Arteta has slowly overseen a rebuild without as much resources. Arsenal every day of the week.

Exactly this. Man City just throw money around and it doesn’t matter if it doesn’t work out they’ll just spend again. Grealish being the perfect example

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Exactly this. Man City just throw money around and it doesn’t matter if it doesn’t work out they’ll just spend again. Grealish being the perfect example

Let's not pretend Arsenal are the plucky underdogs here. They spend a ridiculous amount 

• Like 2

People moan about Man City, but Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, etc have had DECADES of dominance and commercial advantage, sure Man City’s is not a desirable model, but it is now the ONLY show in town to be at the top, and this is why our league win was so bloody amazing and unbelievable.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I always thought your username was to do with Keith Weller.

Now your hospital-related name makes sense! 

Bit of both.

Obviously the hospital in the town but Keith Weller was one of my idols as a kid.

I used to go up with my dad and seeing him,Wotho,Glover,Birch etc got me hooked.

Even though we didn't win anything , the day out in Leicester (mum loved Leicester Market) was something I will always look back on 🦊💙

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

It’s like suddenly becoming a billionaire. Suddenly more or less everything you e ever wanted you c just go out and buy. For a while it’s great, but the excitement of looking, deciding, saving and buying finally is all gone.  When you really have it all the fun and value disappears. That’s why no one really cares about Man City’s trophies, even some of their fans. 

• Haha 1