Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

33 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Man City fans are worse. Still sing about us sacking Ranieri, they are proper weirdos. That’s without how they act when you’re in the away end at the Etihad. Best team in the Country and among the worse support, home and away.

Forgot Arsenal fans were on a par with Red Star and Partizan in terms of generating an atmosphere. 

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I don't think people are hating on it but it's only natural to want the record to stick with a Leicester player

I think there is a bit of hate about it and people are relieved. But nothing will stop him starting again.

I'm a fvcking die hard Leicester fan, as I'm sure most people are on here, but I'm also a massive football fan and nerd. 

We're in a shit situation right now and some clubs have flexed rules, to say the least, but I just love watching the sport and appreciate talent we have in front of us.

Enjoy it, life's too short not to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

People moan about Man City, but Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, etc have had DECADES of dominance and commercial advantage, sure Man City’s is not a desirable model, but it is now the ONLY show in town to be at the top, and this is why our league win was so bloody amazing and unbelievable.

Chelsea too (with the Russian oil money).

Trouble is, I'd hate it if Spurs won  the league.  Or West Ham. Or Newcastle.

If Leicester can't do it again, my hopes are with Brentford. Or Brighton. No hope.

48 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I know Vardy is literally the greatest player ever to wear a Leicester City shirt, but I don't get the hate about the record.

Like I said earlier, I don't want it matched, never mind broken, but Haaland scoring 3 consecutive hat-tricks is some record in itself.

Whatever he achieves, he deserves.

It's almost like Ronaldo and Messi fanboys arguing over who's better.

Just sit back, relax and enjoy the wonderful standard of football we have to watch.

Haaland didn't score today, obviously, he won't score in every game, but he's a hell of a striker to watch.

As were van Nistelrooy, Shearer, Wright, Fowler, Anelka....

Here's a stat for you. Haaland would have to score 46 league goals every season until he was Ronaldos age to match Ronaldos 700 league goals, just shows what a talent that man is.

Edited by splinterdream
  • Like 1

Just now, splinterdream said:

Here's a stat for you. Haaland would have to score 46 league goals every season until he was Ronaldos age to match Ronaldos 700 goals, just shows what a talent that man is.

Totally agree. It's incredible to watch. And someone, one day, will do it!

I think it's club goals, rather than league though? 

Nobody thought Ali Deai's International record would ever be broken.

16 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Here's a stat for you. Haaland would have to score 46 league goals every season until he was Ronaldos age to match Ronaldos 700 league goals, just shows what a talent that man is.

As Rumblefox said it's club goals, not league goals. And if Ronaldo managed it why can't Haaland? He's already ahead of Ronaldo at the same age. He seems to have the same desire to be the best. 

• Like 1

Just now, chuck'em said:

As Rumblefox said it's club goals, not league goals. And if Ronaldo managed it why can't Haaland? He's already ahead of Ronaldo at the same age. He seems to have the same desire to be the best. 

Just as similar as Phil Foden has scored 50 goals in his career quicker than Messi.

But nobody expects Foden to match Messi!

21 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Totally agree. It's incredible to watch. And someone, one day, will do it!

I think it's club goals, rather than league though? 

Nobody thought Ali Deai's International record would ever be broken.

heard it on talksport and i'm pretty sure they made a point of it being league goals, but i could be mistaken. nevertheless incredible

Just now, splinterdream said:

heard it on talksport and i'm pretty sure they made a point of it being league goals, but i could be mistaken. nevertheless incredible

I'm sure Ronaldo got the 700th in a Europa League game?

I could be wrong, but I'm 99% sure it's club goals...League, Cup, European.

43 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

It’s definitely club goals. But yes, it’s still an incredible record. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What an utterly abhorrent individual. 

Thinks he's gods gift and can abuse anyone and everyone. 

Kloppers will have to sit it out for a few games I imagine. He won’t learn though it’s in his nature 

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What an utterly abhorrent individual. 

Thinks he's gods gift and can abuse anyone and everyone. 

The weird thing is that he actually can come across as a decent person when not talking about football.

Just now, Wymsey said:

The weird thing is that he actually can come across as a decent person when not talking about football.

I actually used to quite like him, but can't stand the guy now.

Loved it when Des Kelly rattled him on BT Sport. 

Des is an old school print journo and isn't afraid to ask questions. 

Thats when you knew Klopp didn't like it if it wasn't on his terms.

But then again, I like Jose. He's just as bad to protect his team.

Regarding the goal stats there is something special about the Leicester ones. It’s one thing being matched by other players but with Leicester so much more is factored in for eg. We aren’t a much favored top team where the expectation is to achieve these feats. Also where we came from in the championship and then to have almost been relegated the season before the greatest ever come back. I know the saying goes never say never but who can truelly do another Leicester? I just don’t see it 

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Yeah mate so abhorrent. Shouting at the Lino. Every football fan up and down the country doesn’t do it every weekend. 

Look at that photo. Do you think anyone deserves to deal with that when doing their job? Disgusting behaviour

• Like 1