Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Just now, mad biker said:

Hope your not trying to defend the twats behaviour here buddy ?  

I’m saying that when we all do it, not a word is said of it. It’s treated as normal behaviour in a ground. As soon as it’s someone higher up, in this case Klopp, it’s a hate crime. 

4 minutes ago, chuck'em said:

Look at that photo. Do you think anyone deserves to deal with that when doing their job? Disgusting behaviour

Do you scream stuff at the officials when you disagree with them? I don’t even need you to answer that, because I know you do. We all do. 

10 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Yeah mate so abhorrent. Shouting at the Lino. Every football fan up and down the country doesn’t do it every weekend. 

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I’m saying that when we all do it, not a word is said of it. It’s treated as normal behaviour in a ground. As soon as it’s someone higher up, in this case Klopp, it’s a hate crime. 

Managers have standards to abide by. Fans don't lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The officials expect it from us, it`s water off a ducks back, from a manager, a role model and in the glare of the media absolutely unacceptable !

• Like 1

Not defending the way Klopp behaves but he is involved in highly charged, top level sport. He is responsible for the state of a lucrative business and dictates the mindset of millions of supporters.

Morons abusing referees and officials in Junior and Sunday League games need to grow up and realise their games are essentially meaningless to all but a few people. Saying "Well Klopp did it!" is a cop out for the fact you need to get a grip.

• Like 3

There's nothing wrong with that Man City goal.

I thought it at the time, I still think it watching MOTD.

It's a tussle. It happens. 

If you're penalising people for shirt pulling every single time it happens, you're getting 15 minutes of football out of 90.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

There's nothing wrong with that Man City goal.

I thought it at the time, I still think it watching MOTD.

It's a tussle. It happens. 

If you're penalising people for shirt pulling every single time it happens, you're getting 15 minutes of football out of 90.

It's so ridiculously blatant. The only way Haaland gets the ball and actually keeps his balance is by fouling Fabinho.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

It's so ridiculously blatant. The only way Haaland gets the ball and actually keeps his balance is by fouling Fabinho.

I just don't agree. The game should flow.

I get your point though.

Serious question, do you think we'd have won the league if VAR was in place?

I haven't seen the stats, because people do comparisons. But we wouldn't have beaten Southampton at home. Wes Morgans winner was a blatant push! 

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I know Vardy is literally the greatest player ever to wear a Leicester City shirt, but I don't get the hate about the record.

Like I said earlier, I don't want it matched, never mind broken, but Haaland scoring 3 consecutive hat-tricks is some record in itself.

Whatever he achieves, he deserves.

It's almost like Ronaldo and Messi fanboys arguing over who's better.

Just sit back, relax and enjoy the wonderful standard of football we have to watch.

Haaland didn't score today, obviously, he won't score in every game, but he's a hell of a striker to watch.

As were van Nistelrooy, Shearer, Wright, Fowler, Anelka....

I'm sure people aren't hating but would like Vardy to keep the record for a few more years yet. Its not like we get a record holder very often. 

Haaland is a phenomenon, he'll break plenty of records. He doesn't need to add that one. 

I'm obviously not looking forward to seeing what he does to our defence but I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tom27111 said:

West Ham moaning that the ref was in the way...VAR looked at it?

Do they not know the rules? 

The referee is part of play, as much as a goalpost or a corner flag.

did VAR look at it? don’t think it’s that cut and dry. if the ball hits the post play isn’t restarted with a drop ball, same with corner flag 

10 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Arsenal are tossers, even more so Liverpool, but can you watch ANOTHER smug pep interview after Man City wrap up YET ANOTHER title?

I'm happy the gunners are topping out and Merseyside is celebrating today.

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Mh. Unpopular opinion time. 

I want to caveat the following by saying I think Klopp gets worse the longer he's in the Liverpool job and that, for his own sakes if nothing else, I do think that someone (really from his own establishment) should pull him up and talk to him about how he copes with stress. 

But that said, you're right that managers and fans are different but I do think you and others are coming at it from the wrong direction and making out like Jurgen Klopp is some horrendous individual is silly and extreme. 

As fans we go to a game of football and as much as we care deeply about what happens to our team, we aren't judged by its success and failure and we get to leave the ground at the final whistle and go back to our lives. There's zero pressure on us as fans and the only real expectation is that we'll be decent enough people to not get violent or bigoted to other fans and the players. 

Managers, especially in the Premier League, are living in a world of unparalleled stress. The pressures and demands on the likes of Klopp, Guardiola, Mourinho, Poch, Conte and Co are phenomenal and not something most of us will ever know. They're under a constant microscope and the results of their work is worth untold billions to their employers, let alone the countless screaming fans demanding success. 

When a foul is given or an offside call made in a stadium, the vast majority of the fans on the receiving end lose their shit, yell at the ref, are so blinded by bias (and I include myself in this) they'll convince themselves it's not only wrong but that the ref is ACTIVELY against their team for whatever reason. 

If that's the culture in the sport and that's where your mind goes just as a fan, where does it go when you're under the microscope on the sidelines and the decision that ref just made that you're convinced is wrong is the difference between you keeping and losing your millions a year job or the team you're responsible for winning or losing a league worth millions? 

I'm not condoning abuse and I'm not suggesting Klopp isn't acting like an arse hole, of course he is. But abhorrent human being? Eh. I just see an extremely stressed and hyper competitive man that needs to be coached to better channel his anger. 

I personally find him far, far worse when he's sat calmly in a press conference mid week complaining about the Christmas football calendar or the fact we have two domestic cups. 

The hyperbole around Klopp is ridiculous. One bloke calling him “abhorrent” last night. Went and watched the highlights back and saw that Pep did the exact same thing to Taylor when he was walking to the monitor. Not a word on here about that though was there? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The hyperbole around Klopp is ridiculous. One bloke calling him “abhorrent” last night. Went and watched the highlights back and saw that Pep did the exact same thing to Taylor when he was walking to the monitor. Not a word on here about that though was there? 

Guardiola can be just as bad if that makes you happier! 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Guardiola can be just as bad if that makes you happier! 

But both strike me as pretty decent guys tbh. Its obviously hard to tell from an interview but they both seem like bright, likeable people you could sit and talk to. 

Who we are when we're stressed is rarely who we are at our best and a LOT of people could do with help managing their anger. 

870f7d1c-0844-11e6-99cd-3469e7fd8aa2_128

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fred the Fox said:

Arsenal are tossers, even more so Liverpool, but can you watch ANOTHER smug pep interview after Man City wrap up YET ANOTHER title?

I'm happy the gunners are topping out and Merseyside is celebrating today.

For me Man City winning the title or a cup is a bit of a non-event.

Out of all the big 6 teams I’d prefer them to win it, I know the ownership has a massive dark cloud over them and the way they buy up talent isn’t great. 

But give me a smug Pep interview over thousands of smug Scousers or Cockneys any day of the week.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Yeah mate so abhorrent. Shouting at the Lino. Every football fan up and down the country doesn’t do it every weekend. 

Come on mate.... you can't defend that. He should have punished for this stuff ages ago he does it all the time  

• Like 1