Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

7 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Have gone off Klopp more after his embarrassing sending off.

Just shows he thinks he's holier than thou.

I think he was just annoyed that the lino or ref didn't give a free kick for Salah being clearly dragged down to the floor by Bernado who had 2 fistfuls of his shirt.

I love how some people are trying to defend Klopp. Like “it’s a heated sport”. Imagine those same people, if someone they worked with loomed over them screaming into their ears haha. They’d be moaning about it to everyone they knew. 

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I think he was just annoyed that the lino or ref didn't give a free kick for Salah being clearly dragged down to the floor by Bernado who had 2 fistfuls of his shirt.

I did notice on MOTD highlights he had got quite cross earlier on with a foul not given .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I love how some people are trying to defend Klopp. Like “it’s a heated sport”. Imagine those same people, if someone they worked with loomed over them screaming into their ears haha. They’d be moaning about it to everyone they knew. 

Do you feel the same way about Gaurdiola when he did it earlier in the half? Also I don’t really understand the workplace comparison. This is a completely singular environment like no other on earth. You can’t compare it to an office full of staff can you? 

Edited by kingkisnorbo

You know, if players didnt cheat with dives, dirty tackles, pulls, pushes, fake injuries then perhaps the game would be more open, more exciting and more easily able to detect fouls and penalize accordingly. 

Can say the same about managers and coaches who teach players how to cheat. Owners or other football authorities who pressure players etc.

If we are going to make refs own up (rightly so) then players and manager should be held to an equally high standard.

Why arent refs giving out more yellows and reds? Are they concerned about the impact? Are they pressured behind the scenes to not do so? Or, are they biased?  Need more details and have 100 more questions that i wont type out. Lol.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Do you feel the same way about Gaurdiola when he did it earlier in the half? Also I don’t really understand the workplace comparison. This is a completely singular environment like no other on earth. You can’t compare it to an office full of staff can you? 

Genuinely didn’t see the Pep one but if he did the same then yes. It’s still unacceptable surely? Absolutely balling into some guys ear? Like unless your maybe 13? Or have special needs? 

53 minutes ago, westernpark said:

There’s no way Pochettino would join us in our current state. Villa is made for him to do okay at for a few years, without really doing anything.

Sad but true for $500, Alex.

4 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Probably scared about  getting accused of ruining the match if they send players off for dissent etc.

Last time it happened for us we went and conceded two goals to a woefully out-of-form Raheem Sterling. :doh:

On 16/10/2022 at 19:24, BenTheFox said:

The thing is, Man City win all these trophies and no one seems to care. Do you think it's because people cam just see through it? 

Even Man City's biggest rivals from the same City hate Liverpool more. Most Man Utd fans would rather Man City win the league over Liverpool.

Fergie once described Man City as "noisy neighbours" and they definitely are just that.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Even Man City's biggest rivals from the same City hate Liverpool more. Most Man Utd fans would rather Man City win the league over Liverpool.

Fergie once described Man City as "noisy neighbours" and they definitely are just that.

A lot of the United fans I know would rather Man City win the league over Arsenal. Says it all really 

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Things may change as Man City keep racking up the trophies. At the minute they're still trailing Man United by twelve league titles and three European Cups. 

On 16/10/2022 at 19:24, BenTheFox said:

The thing is, Man City win all these trophies and no one seems to care. Do you think it's because people cam just see through it? 

They don’t have a big fanbase outside the North West so the average supporter doesn’t know many Man City fans unlike Liverpool, United,Arsenal etc

Makes it much harder to have a day to day opinion

15 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

You know, if players didnt cheat with dives, dirty tackles, pulls, pushes, fake injuries then perhaps the game would be more open, more exciting and more easily able to detect fouls and penalize accordingly. 

Can say the same about managers and coaches who teach players how to cheat. Owners or other football authorities who pressure players etc.

If we are going to make refs own up (rightly so) then players and manager should be held to an equally high standard.

Why arent refs giving out more yellows and reds? Are they concerned about the impact? Are they pressured behind the scenes to not do so? Or, are they biased?  Need more details and have 100 more questions that i wont type out. Lol.

The red card rule for simulation in the box (CL 2004-05 if I remember well?) was great. There were at least 2 incidents back then where the ref rightfully showed a straight red card. Unfortunately I can't find any videos of these on YouTube. 

9 minutes ago, BenTayfour said:

The board situation since the end of last season.

PL Teams really missed a shot on him.

images (2).jpeg

pretty much gave up watching Leicester games and fully focused on Napoli. one of those reasons is this guy, who is Georgian as well

Napoli is  flying right now

Edited by tsintskaro
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Villa after Poch, Tuchel or Emery.

We’ll be linked with Dyche and Rafa lol 

That'll rustle a large group on here that seem to think those 3 are too big for us.

If Villa end up with Poch it would be complete negligence from the club.