Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

Worth more to them to get it over the line today for 2021/22 FFP compliance, than to fight for more £££. 

That's the type of leverage that attracts Levy like a fly to feces.  Otherwise it seems out of character for him to buy an expensive player he doesn't really need.

That seems to be the reason they're selling today. Good article in The Athletic today explaining it all. Basically Everton are in huge amounts of debt and would be the first club to break the PL spending rules...and would do so significantly.

Something like £350m+ in losses for the 3 year period it's judged over. However, they believe they've managed to get it down to under the £105m or so maximum losses allowed by a club, claiming COVID, the transfer market, and all manner of things inflated their losses. Basically they are in a bit of a tricky position and need to be seen to be making at least an effort to reduce their losses.

34 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

That seems to be the reason they're selling today. Good article in The Athletic today explaining it all. Basically Everton are in huge amounts of debt and would be the first club to break the PL spending rules...and would do so significantly.

Something like £350m+ in losses for the 3 year period it's judged over. However, they believe they've managed to get it down to under the £105m or so maximum losses allowed by a club, claiming COVID, the transfer market, and all manner of things inflated their losses. Basically they are in a bit of a tricky position and need to be seen to be making at least an effort to reduce their losses.

don’t they have to pay 40m for ali if he plays a certain amount of games? 

if he did it would pretty hilarious that spurs basically swapped ali for richalison for 10m 😂

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 1

On 29/06/2022 at 15:54, cruzFOX said:

Feel like our title winning season came just a little too early for the trend in these reality sports docs. Would have been amazing to see behind the scenes action from Pearson’s comeback season to his firing and hiring of Ranieri and then winning the league. 2 blockbuster seasons! Would have had everyone glued to the box. Then again a film crew hanging around could have been a major distraction and the magic might not have happened. Oh well. Hope theirs lots of unseen footage NETFLIX can make a movie from post humously. 🤞🏽🤞🏽

The camara crew & cameras, would of collapsed & off the gantry, on those days we rocked the stadium…

6 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Richarlison to Spurs now confirmed

It’s a Strange transfer for me unless there are exits as they already have Ivan Perisic, Bryan Gil, Steven Bergwijn, Dejan Kulusevski, Lucas Moura and now Richarlison for the wide positions 

Spurs had a good front three anyway but Richarlison just adds to that.

Not looking forward to playing them considering he (and Kane) usually score against us.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

It’s a Strange transfer for me unless there are exits as they already have Ivan Perisic, Bryan Gil, Steven Bergwijn, Dejan Kulusevski, Lucas Moura and now Richarlison for the wide positions 

They also got that Korean lad, forget his name. He's quite good :ph34r:

Seems a slightly unnecessary signing with Perisic coming in too. Would have thought they'd prioritise Kulusevski on a permanent.

6 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

would be surprised if either Bryan Gil, Steven Bergwijn are at Spurs at the start of the season. 

Everton could be in real danger of having another season like last. 

9 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Seems a slightly unnecessary signing with Perisic coming in too. Would have thought they'd prioritise Kulusevski on a permanent.

They can make their mind up on him next summer 

Would be hilarious if he was bought as a replacement for Harry Kane and Kane was off somewhere out of nowhere. 

Wishful thinking on my part though as there isnt really anywhere for him to go.

Richarlison is a good signing for Tottenham. His shithouse behaviour on a football pitch is embarrassing but he is one of few Everton players from last season who cannot be blamed for the position that they were in. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

I hadn’t forgot about him I just don’t see him being dropped for Richarlison, Kane & Son will always start when fit so he will be fighting the others I’ve mentioned for a starting place 

Kulusevski Is an loan with an obligation to buy next summer subject to conditional terms being met

Next season is primed for a lower points total imo which opens it up for Spurs, Man City will most likely win the league but Spurs will run them (and Liverpool) close.

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Next season is primed for a lower points total imo which opens it up for Spurs, Man City will most likely win the league but Spurs will run them (and Liverpool) close.

I can't see anyone getting within 15 points of Man City, assuming Haaland stays fit.

Spurs will be interesting. I think Conte will go sour there. People can handle awful football when it's winning, but when you're not winning and he's having a go at them on the touchline, it can quite quickly go south.

Everton fans were always ultra-defensive of Richarlison and his antics - diving, feigning injury, general shit-house behaviour. 

Although it's Spurs, I can't wait for Everton to now be on the receiving end of what he can be like and see how they act... 

5 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Conte being Conte (and having got them into the CL), he will be insisting their squad transform into something that actually competes with the biggest clubs -- by having the kind of depth that lets them rotate and handle injuries.

Levy being Levy, he saw a chance to get a proven player under market value due to EFC's desperation to get a big sale over the line by June 30.

17 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Conte being Conte (and having got them into the CL), he will be insisting their squad transform into something that actually competes with the biggest clubs -- by having the kind of depth that lets them rotate and handle injuries.

Levy being Levy, he saw a chance to get a proven player under market value due to EFC's desperation to get a big sale over the line by June 30.

Under market value? What do you think he's worth. As much as he was one of the better players, I didn't expect them to get their money back on him.

1 minute ago, gw_leics772 said:

Under market value? What do you think he's worth. As much as he was one of the better players, I didn't expect them to get their money back on him.

He’s averaged 11 goals a season for Everton.  10 in 28 apps last season, where he was keyed upon as their main threat.  He definitely occupies a defense.  This is a year and a half old, but you get the idea.

1818402353_Richarlisonpizza.JPG.c131dc7425c92f8284a80ce3fbf2f2b6.JPG

At 25, just rounding into his peak, I think they could have got another ₤10 or ₤15M.  Of course there were ₤10M in “add ons” we don't know about.

What this transfer tells us is probably that Conte has wrested control from Levy in that club to a degree Poch and Mourinho were never able to approach.

• Like 1