Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

4 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I hope we get Ally McCoist doing co-comms for our game on Thursday.

90 minutes of him appearing to enjoy himself whilst saying "Absolutely" and "You're not wrong" a lot will maybe ease the pain.

If him and Champion got offered a threesone on the pitch with Zaha tonight they would have run onto the pitch like Usain Bolt. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Amazon is so much better than Sky & BT combined for football. No drama, no egos, just simple commentary & insight. Bravo. 

They should just pay out for the viewing rights. Imagine the money they would make from prime subscriptions, they could even knock the price up a few quid and nobody would bat an eyelids, especially if they aired every single game. 

Still think it's criminal in the UK that a service isn't broadcasting EVERY game. Meanwhile in the US, thousands of miles away, you can watch every minute of Premier League Football. 

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

Amazon is so much better than Sky & BT combined for football. No drama, no egos, just simple commentary & insight. Bravo. 

not sure about insight. I really enjoy Ally McCoist but I think Eni Aluko is a dreadful pundit, she offers nothing

"Just think Brighton need to score goals".

"Forest just need to be better defensively and their good players need to score".

two nuggets from her tonight. Anyone else could have turned up and delivered that level of "insight"

• Like 4

With forest drawing and getting a point we go back down to the bottom again. The worse game of musical chairs is what we are playing. We now must win against Leeds. Every game is a cup final now not next season!

7 hours ago, SecretPro said:

They should just pay out for the viewing rights. Imagine the money they would make from prime subscriptions, they could even knock the price up a few quid and nobody would bat an eyelids, especially if they aired every single game. 

Still think it's criminal in the UK that a service isn't broadcasting EVERY game. Meanwhile in the US, thousands of miles away, you can watch every minute of Premier League Football. 

Amazon France have the rights to 80% of Ligue Un matches, they have made it a separate payment from Prime called Ligue Un pass.   So I don't think it would be just a few quid extra a month for the Premier League.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SecretPro said:

I disagree completely. Football (and indeed the whole world) has gone to crap since the days when you had to go to a match to see it, and the only football on telly was Match of the Day and/or its ITV equivalents. Coincidence? I think not.

But then I don't watch anything that Leicester aren't playing in, so maybe I'm not typical...

3 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

I disagree completely. Football (and indeed the whole world) has gone to crap since the days when you had to go to a match to see it, and the only football on telly was Match of the Day and/or its ITV equivalents. Coincidence? I think not.

But then I don't watch anything that Leicester aren't playing in, so maybe I'm not typical...

I’m exactly the same, if it’s not Leicester forget it. 
Back way back when I use to love watching any football as there was so little on, it seemed a real treat to watch a live game on the tv.

Even England games bore me now. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Also seems to be the absolute clearest picture I’ve ever had from streaming. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

I barely watch any football unless it's Leicester BUT - it's OK harking on about people attending games - back before TV it was a working mans game, normal people could afford to go - not many people can afford to go these days and even if they could the stadium is limited to 30,000. Every fan should have the right to be able to watch their clubs games, especially if they are being aired in other bloody countries.

Edited by SecretPro

30 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Every fan should have the right to be able to watch their clubs games

Gotta say this makes football fans sound a bit over-entitled!

32 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

harking on about people attending games - back before TV it was a working mans game, normal people could afford to go - not many people can afford to go these days

Well I do also think it should cost a fraction of what it does to go to a match.

Surely the Premier league don't need to pimp out their football these days to the likes of Sky / BT? Why dont they just create their own streaming platform, charge £15 a month and make it worldwide. Everyone would buy it! 

Keep it as 4 games a week (2 x Sat 2 x Sunday) and don't show 3PM kicks offs (as i dont think think they should be shown) Show all midweek fixtures though. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Well I do also think it should cost a fraction of what it does to go to a match.

That's in the context that people in faraway Countries where the Premier League isn't their home league have access to watch every single club game whereas over here, you know, the home of the Premier League, fans don;t have that same access to their own league! It's not about entitlement, its about fairness.

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

Surely the Premier league don't need to pimp out their football these days to the likes of Sky / BT? Why dont they just create their own streaming platform, charge £15 a month and make it worldwide. Everyone would buy it! 

Keep it as 4 games a week (2 x Sat 2 x Sunday) and don't show 3PM kicks offs (as i dont think think they should be shown) Show all midweek fixtures though. 

Because even 4 games a week is less than other countries are showing. The US allows you to watch any team, any time. Every game is available. 

This is been my problem. I have a young family, a job etc so I don't really get time to watch numeral games. The only real time I carve out for myself is Leicester games. I have Sky but we are barely on their anymore so it's getting harder and harder to justify the price when I still usually have to find a stream. 

Last year was different. Because we where on on Sundays more, more games were televised but now? 

There really should be an option where I can pay my subscription and watch the games I want to watch. 

19 minutes ago, Scotch said:

This is been my problem. I have a young family, a job etc so I don't really get time to watch numeral games. The only real time I carve out for myself is Leicester games. I have Sky but we are barely on their anymore so it's getting harder and harder to justify the price when I still usually have to find a stream. 

Last year was different. Because we where on on Sundays more, more games were televised but now? 

There really should be an option where I can pay my subscription and watch the games I want to watch. 

I have cancelled Sky...because they promised all top Sports & events many years ago...Since.:-

No regular PL...

No Rugby union league or International.

Now Cricket no men's/women's major competition.

So we are left with F1,a scattering of PL, Weird Golf event, & Netball,Beachball &

Pick-your-nose competitions..

All major sporting events relevant to an

Englishman or any UK resident is not on SKY. & Sky is no longer giving any decent sporting service/package to what the public want...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

To be fair..if payed TV can't deliver regular PL...in 2022 ,so in this Membership-consortioms,the PL have created...the normal fan can hardly get to a game or pay-tv is not broadcasting 

in the UK.

In Germany,I can see both EPL  & Bundesliga...All games live.

So why are the UK fans "entitled" they are paying entitled prices...& Not getting what they want..!?

I reckon it's accepted that most fans will pay more..but it ain't delivering..

1 hour ago, KFS said:

Because even 4 games a week is less than other countries are showing. The US allows you to watch any team, any time. Every game is available. 

Yeah i get that but personally i feel it would kill the game eventually if every game was freely available. May be not at the top level but would you go and watch a lower league game if you could sit at home and watch a premier league game at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon? 

It would kill local attendances.