Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

Yeah i get that but personally i feel it would kill the game eventually if every game was freely available. May be not at the top level but would you go and watch a lower league game if you could sit at home and watch a premier league game at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon? 

It would kill local attendances. 

The TV is now more for the Foreign-tourist fan...

& the decrepid like me..

Most local-loyal-fan,would love to once again go and stand on the terraces at

15:00hrs on a Saturday...

Shift-workers aside,there are another few 1000s,would die & scramble for tickets..

13 hours ago, SecretPro said:

They should just pay out for the viewing rights. Imagine the money they would make from prime subscriptions, they could even knock the price up a few quid and nobody would bat an eyelids, especially if they aired every single game. 

Still think it's criminal in the UK that a service isn't broadcasting EVERY game. Meanwhile in the US, thousands of miles away, you can watch every minute of Premier League Football. 

It's pretty funny when i hear people say soccer isn't popular in the states but if you saw the amount of soccer they can watch compared to us you'd think it was unpopular here not there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I have cancelled Sky...because they promised all top Sports & events many years ago...Since.:-

No regular PL...

No Rugby union league or International.

Now Cricket no men's/women's major competition.

So we are left with F1,a scattering of PL, Weird Golf event, & Netball,Beachball &

Pick-your-nose competitions..

All major sporting events relevant to an

Englishman or any UK resident is not on SKY. & Sky is no longer giving any decent sporting service/package to what the public want...

No regular PL? 3-4 games per round. More than BT 

No cricket - they have the T20 World Cup and other international tournaments, most England and India internationals, IPL. 

Plenty of F1 coverage each race weekend, and historical coverage. 

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Fair play. It's a brave decision, but he's a coach that's shown his capability as a coach at 3 clubs now (that I'm aware of). Whether he has the temperament and ability to be an actual manager is what they can determine from character references and interviews I suppose. 

Very unusual move for Wolves, and one I respect.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

It's pretty funny when i hear people say soccer isn't popular in the states but if you saw the amount of soccer they can watch compared to us you'd think it was unpopular here not there.

Not saying it's unpopular - just that it's an ENGLISH league - they get full coverage, we dont!

37 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I had posted about hoping we might be tracking him as he’s clearly the one to the watch in the championship. That’s the type of appointment that I love to make as you have no idea what their glass ceiling could be. 

Perhaps a culture shock at wolves, always a chance some players don’t react well.  why aren’t their more banter clubs bringing in big sam or pardew any more :(

Edited by Lambert09

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I had posted about hoping we might be tracking him as he’s clearly the one to the watch in the championship. That’s the type of appointment that I love to make as you have no idea what their glass ceiling could be. 

Perhaps a culture shock at wolves, always a chance some players don’t react well.  why aren’t their more banter clubs bringing in big sam or pardew any more :(

Vincent Kompany we should be targeting him. He did a stellar job at Anderlect and now at Burnley isn’t doing too bad. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Big risk from Wolves going for someone has only been a senior manager for 15 games with QPR but fair play for not just going for one of the "usual suspects"

I mean it's a good point but aren't they only going for him after running out of options? He's hardly first choice.

1 hour ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Got to feel for QPR there. Really seem to have something going with Beale. 

Was talking to a QPR fan at the start of the season who thought they'd be in a relegation battle. Just emphasises the job he's done.

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Vincent Kompany we should be targeting him. He did a stellar job at Anderlect and now at Burnley isn’t doing too bad. 

did he? i thought he completely underwhelmed with one of the biggest if not the biggest club in belgium? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

did he? i thought he completely underwhelmed with one of the biggest if not the biggest club in belgium? 

He brought down the age of their team, I am not saying he’s amazing but he did a decent job. He’s doing the same at Burnley with our youth set up he would promote the players from within and he would improve our playing style imo.

https://breakingthelines.com/tactical-analysis/analyzing-vincent-kompanys-anderlecht/

• Like 1