Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

On 16/01/2019 at 15:13, HankMarvin said:

Plus he is benefiting from his Liverpool

links with the young players loaned.

also having a top young coach in Michael Beale along side him  

Refreshing to see someone with a bit of integrity, would’ve be easy to jump shit for more money.

Turned down 8 offers to manage at Rangers.

With QPR falling away last season it would be easy to walk away to Wolves who are arguably underperforming and not one of the worst squads in the league.

I guess one of the main caveats to turning down the role, would be he likes to work with youngsters and the influence  Mendes has on signings in the past and future of the club.

“But it has to be the right opportunity, the right moment and the right club. And they would have to give me a really clear understanding of where that club is going.”

"I haven't spoken to (QPR director of football) Les Ferdinand or anyone, so as far as I'm aware nothing has changed. I took the decision to turn my phone off because we had this game to concentrate on. The moment Les speaks to me I'll know one way or another and then the club will communicate whatever we communicate," Beale continued.

"If an offer comes in officially, you don't have to take it. You have to weigh up everything. There are a lot of questions you need to get answers to."

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Utd were terrific from the 1st minute. It ‘could’ be that Ten Hag has turned the corner.

He told the money men who've been calling the shots to piss off, and kept Maguire and Ronaldo out of the lineup.

Not rocket science IMO.  Just standing your ground, fashioning a side that will play for each other,  and not compromising standards.  Pearson doesn't hold a patent on those things.

• Like 1

lol

Go on Bealey, I couldn't even tell you what this man looks like and I'm growing to respect the man more and more with each passing month.

Good decision to be fair. QPR have taken a chance on him and he's repaid that loyalty (that's how you do it Brendan). He obviously backs himself to get a job at the top level, whether it be with or without QPR.

4 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Hopefully Brendan is next on their list.

Brendan's ego must be taking a battering.

Not mentioned or linked with the Chelsea job, not mentioned or linked with the Brighton job, managers turning Wolves down left, right and centre...

I must be honest I don't know why Wolves aren't pursuing such a top level, elite manager in Rodgers.

Perhaps they see he's shown so much loyalty to us turning down 2 jobs already and think he's unobtainable. 

I think it'd be incredibly harsh of us to stand in his way though, I don't think it'd be right we hold him back from such an opportunity so much so that we should waive the release fee, we owe him that much respect!

Edited by Matt

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Brendan's ego must be taking a battering.

Not mentioned or linked with the Chelsea job, not mentioned or linked with the Brighton job, managers turning Wolves down left, right and centre...

I must be honest I don't know why Wolves aren't pursuing such a top level, elite manager in Rodgers.

Perhaps they see he's shown so much loyalty to us turning down 2 jobs already and think he's unobtainable. 

I think it'd be incredibly harsh of us to stand in his way though, I don't think it'd be right we hold him back from such an opportunity so much so that we should waive the release fee, we owe him that much respect!

Absolutely spot on bro :D

Fair play to him for sticking with QPR. Risky this season though - it's such a tight year, doesn't look like there are any teams set to run away with the automatics. Any one of 15, maybe even 17 teams still look in with a shout.

Good luck to 'em.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Fulham looking good. :appl:

Just about to say, they play so much better than us. 

Good outlets too - play it quick to the wingers or work it up to Mitrovic who drops deep and lays it off with quick movement. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Good outlets too - play it quick to the wingers or work it up to Mitrovic who drops deep and lays it off with quick movement. 

It’s true, lung busting, all action, and with some quality too, let’s see how they settle down, but very good so far.

Alas, it is but a fancy starter before the main course of spam. :(

On 18/10/2022 at 22:28, SecretPro said:

They should just pay out for the viewing rights. Imagine the money they would make from prime subscriptions, they could even knock the price up a few quid and nobody would bat an eyelids, especially if they aired every single game. 

Still think it's criminal in the UK that a service isn't broadcasting EVERY game. Meanwhile in the US, thousands of miles away, you can watch every minute of Premier League Football. 

I find it incredible you can’t buy a season ticket for all your club’s games. It’d be an absolute winner. 

Edited by Daggers
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That would mean passing and moving forward.

Not my club.