Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

If Villa get Poch or Tuchel, we've fvcked up.

Saying that, would they go there (or here)?

Nobody wants to touch Wolves, despite their agent links.

Tuchel I don't think will go Villa I think he'll want a club within the top six, don't think his next job will be in England he'll probably head back abroad. Poch is a possibility due to the fact he's been linked to Villa for some time and he's quite keen to work in England again. I think that would be a good fit for him and Villa. One thing to mention Martinez who previously was linked to the Villa job was at the KP today, if he was in the country anyway that could be interesting. Of course the world cup is around the corner and he would leave Belgium before major tournament but whose to say he doesn't agree to leave Belgium after the world cup with Villa going for an interim, till he takes over. Though I admit that's unlikely.   

Beyond a joke if Pochettino ends up at Villa. Surely it can't happen.

I wonder if they'll go for Emery. Would be very annoyed if they pulled that off. Got a feeling they're going to get someone I like.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I wonder if they'll go for Emery. Would be very annoyed if they pulled that off. Got a feeling they're going to get someone I like.

Funny thing is if they went for Rodgers I think everyone would benefit from it 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Tuchel I don't think will go Villa I think he'll want a club within the top six, don't think his next job will be in England he'll probably head back abroad. Poch is a possibility due to the fact he's been linked to Villa for some time and he's quite keen to work in England again. I think that would be a good fit for him and Villa. One thing to mention Martinez who previously was linked to the Villa job was at the KP today, if he was in the country anyway that could be interesting. Of course the world cup is around the corner and he would leave Belgium before major tournament but whose to say he doesn't agree to leave Belgium after the world cup with Villa going for an interim, till he takes over. Though I admit that's unlikely.   

Hmm worryingly I could see Martinez end up here…

Perhaps one reason we didn’t sack our manager is because the one we’ve identified as his replacement isn’t available till after the World Cup? And now we have 4 Belgian players plus our owners have a subsidiary club in Belgium too. 

It sends a shiver down my spine just thinking about it!

• Like 1

Could it be that we're out the bottom 3 this weekend? 

I don't like Rogers and his set up but this chaos in the lower half of the league is good for us. If he can ride it out and get us to 15th/16th with a gap before the world cup then I'm ok with that. 

My real concern is that he finishes the season in the lower half but that's considered good enough for him to stay next year. 

30 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Could it be that we're out the bottom 3 this weekend? 

I don't like Rogers and his set up but this chaos in the lower half of the league is good for us. If he can ride it out and get us to 15th/16th with a gap before the world cup then I'm ok with that. 

My real concern is that he finishes the season in the lower half but that's considered good enough for him to stay next year. 

If Rodgers manages to string some results together, maybe even fluke something against Man City, then it makes it more likely that a desperate Leeds, Villa or Everton swoop for him. And he'll do them good for the first two seasons. 

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Villa in talks with Sporting manager Amorim according to Sky Sports.

sigh

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Hmm worryingly I could see Martinez end up here…

Perhaps one reason we didn’t sack our manager is because the one we’ve identified as his replacement isn’t available till after the World Cup? And now we have 4 Belgian players plus our owners have a subsidiary club in Belgium too. 

It sends a shiver down my spine just thinking about it!

Was there last night for Amazon. A bit of recon?! Lol. 

11 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Tuchel wants to stay in England, to the point he'd even consider the National Team job. 

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Most expensive manager ever if Villa get Amorim - €30 million release clause which Sporting will want

Amorim has definitely made noises he wants out in recent months. They might do a deal, but it's huge money and risk. A safer pair of hands is Brendan 😂😂😂

Maybe there lies the problem Thais & Shrieks have had their fingers burnt...

They have gone 2-3 times for the obvious...but it didn't work...

They rather stick( fear) by the devil they know...European owners would realise it's the turn around of change itself, the twist & not stick that help you evolve & develope...& Yes sometimes fall..!!

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why would Martinez be a disaster for us? 

Everything that is bad about Rodgers ie. the lack of defensive organisation, throwing away leads, conceding from set pieces and stupid post-match comments or applicable to Martinez and then some. He is the actual nightmare for me. 

• Like 2