Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Villa really don’t care about money. They throw it around carelessly. Even Man City at least have boundaries around value… if the only barrier to someone like Amorim is money they’ll get him. 

I just hope he’s the managerial version of slimani 

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Everything that is bad about Rodgers ie. the lack of defensive organisation, throwing away leads, conceding from set pieces and stupid post-match comments or applicable to Martinez and then some. He is the actual nightmare for me. 

That's building up a scenario on

bubble -squeak planning.

Throwing in & using leftovers with causation..

1 hour ago, rico said:

Thomas Frank blowing his own trumpet on the Villa job

'i'm a very good manager , that's why i'm one of the favourites'

lol

Pep, Klopp, maybe Frank are good coaches,but still don't understand,

the spirit & soul of English football...

Pep,only now only slowly, very slowly.

Italians understand the heart,because the heart in Italian football...

Klopp,Tuchel managed BvB,but never grasped it's spirit...Hitzfeld the gentleman, understood it more...

Spain is just about the Rich fan..

Or plastic.

Edited by fuchsntf

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

You'd hope so with the run of fixtures we've had lol

You can only beat what's in front of you.

This place would be apoplectic with rage (and rightly so) if we weren't winning these games.

It's not been pretty, but it's points on the board...

50 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Some good news for Villa.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/october/21/luiz-wrongful-dismissal-claim-upheld/

Well bit late for Gerrard I guess!

Interesting.

There didn't appear to be much head/neck movement by Luiz in the incident, more just standing his ground., slightly lending forward.

I'm surprised they've rescinded it though. 

29 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean disaster is probably a bit melodramatic but he's very, very average isn't he let's be honest. 

I wouldn't say he inspires me. 

Neither did Ranieri..:giggle:

what’s Spanish for dilly  ding, dilly dong..

maybe…….choque Golpe Golpe 

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

Why would Martinez be a disaster for us? 

Because he's just another failed club manager who achieved nothing but a flukey FA Cup win, turned to international football for an easy ride after being disliked so much at his last club.

Sound very familiar... https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/confirmed-roberto-martinez-sacked.88117/

3 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Because he's just another failed club manager who achieved nothing but a flukey FA Cup win, turned to international football for an easy ride after being disliked so much at his last club.

Sounds very familiar... https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/confirmed-roberto-martinez-sacked.88117/

He’s still plying his trade,higher up the ladder,than his trolling followers..

28 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Where he's continued to fail to deliver. 

But he will still get a stretch limousine & a cocktail,while your still waiting outside in the Rain,because he is

Soumare...and has a nice smile..:P

9 hours ago, don_danbury said:

why would it be beyond a joke?

It's a coup, he can do a lot better. It would also make me think he was actually attainable for us.

I do think he's a little overrated particularly at any elite level but for a club of our level he'd be very good now.

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Neither did Ranieri..:giggle:

what’s Spanish for dilly  ding, dilly dong..

maybe…….choque Golpe Golpe 

Ranieri's record at club level was exceptional and he didn't deserve the derision he got when he was announced. He's achieved a lot more domestically than Martinez. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

But he will still get a stretch limousine & a cocktail,while your still waiting outside in the Rain,because he is

Soumare...and has a nice smile..:P

We're talking about martinez mate. Not soumare. I also don't need to wait in the rain but thanks for your concern. 

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Ranieri's record at club level was exceptional and he didn't deserve the derision he got when he was announced. He's achieved a lot more domestically than Martinez. 

Actually very true,but so did Peter Shilton, B.Charlton,& Nobby Styles,but didnt make them good Managers..

Wrong path of argument..

2 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

We're talking about martinez mate. Not soumare. I also don't need to wait in the rain but thanks for your concern. 

Silly me..but what's in a name..

At present it's always bloody raining by me,and those bloody stretchlimousines are finding too often those bloody puddles...& I am banned from cocktailbars...Too many donuts in my wheelchair on their floors..:frantics:

I think we can at most can 2 points out of next 12 anyway considering our away form n that the only home game is against The city. (Defeating Forest by 4 followed by a loss against Bournemouth away from home shows that we r better than the minnows when at home but still shit away from home, rather than the rise of form). 

Then i dont mind getting 0 if that would mean the dismissal of rodgers.

Edited by francis39