Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

8 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I don’t know why but I just hate Newcastle doing well. 

no logical reason as to why

Fair play to Howe . He’s managed to get the likes of Almiron  and Joelinton look like footballers . The club is just a collection of total c**ts though 

• Like 1

It’s impossible to get onboard with a team outside the top six to potentially break it when it’s Newcastle. The mental gymnastics that them and their fans go through to justify their ownership is bonkers. Not nearly enough being done by the media or powers that be to challenge it. 

• Like 3

Personally l don’t mind Newcastle doing well. Very few clubs have squeaky clean ownerships/ backing

They have one of the best fan bases in the country, and have had so for years despite Ashley. 
For now, at least, it will be nice to see the big 4/6 being pushed & having a bloodied nose. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STEVIE B said:

Personally l don’t mind Newcastle doing well. Very few clubs have squeaky clean ownerships/ backing

They have one of the best fan bases in the country, and have had so for years despite Ashley. 
For now, at least, it will be nice to see the big 4/6 being pushed & having a bloodied nose. 

https://www.amnesty.org/en/location/middle-east-and-north-africa/saudi-arabia/report-saudi-arabia/

I’d urge you to have a read of this then. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Think they'll get more than a bloody nose. They'll be lucky to keep their heads. 

5 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Why? We’ve already achieved what they crave without being used to sports washing by selling the soul to an oil state with a dodgy human rights record. Quite glad we don’t have that on us.

Whatever you do don't look at the king power company and their investors. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Gotta hand it to Eddie Howe. He's got the Newcastle players working our their skin for success. Joelinton, Almiron etc absoutely grafting for the team

Just now, Col city fan said:

Gotta hand it to Eddie Howe. He's got the Newcastle players working our their skin for success. Joelinton, Almiron etc absoutely grafting for the team

I always thought he was underappreciated by the general football fan for the job he did with Bournemouth. Really good manager. Could see him taking the England job if Potter doesn't 

7 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Despite Ashley? What did he actually do that was so bad? They basically became every team that isn't one of the big 6. People act like he was on Portsmouth/Bury levels. 

The thing with Newcastle is, they have improved far quicker than I expected. 

With Saudi backing, you thoroughly expect them to be a mainstay in the top 7 at some point, at this moment in time though, the Saudi backing has yet to take a proper foothold, but they already look like a team who should be getting into Europe.

Credit to Howe in all fairness as the majority of their squad are still Mike Ashley signings. The likes of Schar, Joelinton & Almiron have come on leaps and bounds since Howe came in.

18 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

There's not being squeaky clean and there's being actual murderers though mate

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Despite Ashley? What did he actually do that was so bad? They basically became every team that isn't one of the big 6. People act like he was on Portsmouth/Bury levels. 

He showed no ambition, was happy to finish 17th every season. 
lt was common knowledge that their fan base were fed up with him. Take, take, take. 

19 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Thats football myth number 2, only beaten by the 'wonderful Anfield atmosphere.'

"Oh, you're from the North East? You really know your football"

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

There's not being squeaky clean and there's being actual murderers though mate

You won’t be watching the World Cup then ? Or never watched Anthony Joshua fight in Saudi ? If not you have a valid point. 

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

Thats football myth number 2, only beaten by the 'wonderful Anfield atmosphere.'

"Oh, you're from the North East? You really know your football"

Well, I’ve seen them sell out their end recently at our place, get hammered 4 & 5-0 & not stop singing. Great away support, in my opinion. 

14 minutes ago, adam said:

Whatever you do don't look at the king power company and their investors. 

I have done a bit. We’re not being used to justify the oppressing of others.

You could argue they wanted to build the King Power brand, but I think it’s more the Thais bought the club because they wanted to be involved in football. 

14 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

He showed no ambition, was happy to finish 17th every season. 
lt was common knowledge that their fan base were fed up with him. Take, take, take. 

He was happy to just stay in the league was his biggest problem? Like pretty much 12 other teams in the league?